Rice Bran and feed grade soybeans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    So where is the best (cheapest) place to buy these. No one in Vacherie, or Thibodaux has any. Tractor Supply has the bran but for $25/ 50lbs.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Go to Double K feed mill in Crowley. It's a ways to drive but if you bought 10 bags or so it would be worth the trip. Maybe you could get an order together from your area and go get it. Kenny Kegley is the owner and good guy. Tell him Allen from The Dept. Of Ag told you about the place. Call and get a price.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I wouldn't waste money on soy beans unless they are in the area your hunting, I've seen them rot because the deer were not used to eating them.

Now rice bran, You sprinkle a hand full on each sack of corn that you add to your feeder, Mix it in. Deer will become pigs for it.

PM me, I will tell you which one gives the best results.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Gator - The cane farmers in my area use soybeans with their farming methods and most hunters feed them from tube or barrel style feeders

oleheat - Coons - yes, plenty of them.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Gator - The cane farmers in my area use soybeans with their farming methods and most hunters feed them from tube or barrel style feeders

oleheat - Coons - yes, plenty of them.

We have that problem too (not exactly unique, I know:doh:). We're gonna start thinning them out prior to bow season.

If you have some time to fool with them, we've found these dog-proof foot traps are quite effective...:)

DKT0510.jpg

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-DKT0510?src=Y0807GL0N0N10000&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&gclid=CjwKEAjwjN2eBRDbyPWl0JLY5lYSJACPo0UixAuxw9bloTeFxXLvsy0nzkz6n3lYhsiSENnEJqiW0xoCC1fw_wcB

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Call some of the grain elevators on the river. A guy I hunted with a few years ago would buy the stuff that fell on the ground around the conveyor belts.

rimshotter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2014
    KENTWOOD, LA
    Kentwood, Allen Brothers Feed, $17.00 per 100 lb bag of Rice Bran(purchased some last month). Also have apple flavor, not sure of the cost on it.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Soak those soybeans in water for a day or two in 5 gallon buckets. They will swell up and the deer will love them. Also they will fill a deer up quicker and last longer. Spread them in your food plot or by your feeder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom