NEW Practice Night @ The Range in Baker

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well folks, I've talked to Kim and she is giving up premission to start up a new practice night on Mondays at The Range in Baker. Thie is on Jefferson St. off Hwy 19. We will start ~6 pm (depends on if everyone is out of the way) and we can shoot untill 9 pm. This we be geared to USPSA/IDPA style of shooting. DEpending on what we want to do we may shoot stages or we might just set up drills for everyone to work on. We are asking for folks that want to practice show-up, help with scoring & taping and be helpful to all that attend. We want this to be a good practice session and not just somewhere you go to burn ammo. Anyone that has questions or comments can either send me a PM through Bayou Shooter or call the store at 225-389-6077.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For any of you guys that are contemplating or wondering about getting into USPSA shooting this is for you!

Other than having a current experienced USPSA shooter give you one on one hands on help; this is where you should start! The practice and the invaluable advice and tutoring saved me time, money, and embarrassment at my first few matches!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If you bring 125 to 150 rounds that should be plenty. The plan is to see what we want to do, that is run stages or shooting drills. We may do drills one night and run stages the next week. A lot will depend on what folks are looking for. We can run a bunch of shooter through and get in some good practice session & to do this we need everyone to man-up and work to get it done. I asked for the range but it's not gonna be all me, everyone needs to take ownership to make this work.

Thanks,

Bryan
    Beauxdog

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well we had the first Monday Night practice session. There were only a few shooter and this made it easy to run drills instead of setting up stages. For the folks who compete in USPSA and want to practice in the Capitol Area this is it. We will have another practice session again this Monday night. Bring gun, ammo and a good attitude. Kim was getting A/C units that will installed by the time we get back, not that to say you need to bring a jacket but it should make it more bearable. So Lets Shoot.

Thanks,

Bryan

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The Wednesday night practices are still on. This is just another opportunity to hone your skills. if you are interested in the Wed night practice, you need to email lloyd.

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    ok... i couldnt remember the last time i got an email from lloyd, i think he still has me on the mailing list but thanks for answering my question.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    To All,

The Monday night sessions is geared to the active USPSA/Action pistol shooter. We want to be able to practice what is needed to make us better for matches. With that being said, they still have a practice session on Wednesday night run by Lloyd. Does this mean we only allow USPSA members to shoot and the answer is no. We want to be able to practice what we feel is needed for us. We might runs just drills or shoot only steel targets or set up stages that make up what we are looking for. If you have any questions feel free to PM me here or give me a call at Louisiana Gun @ 225-389-6077 and I will try to answer your questions.

Thanks,

Bryan

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We have USPSA practice again this Monday night & it's bring your daughter to practice night. We start at 6pm & finish at 9 pm or when we run out of ammo.

Thanks,

Beauxdog

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We shot Monday night but were late due to HEAVY traffic. We didn't get there until 6:45. We shot until 8:45 and used up close to 130 rounds. Was still a good night. We could have to finished up earlier if we could have gotten there on time. If for some reason we are not going to shoot, I'll put a posting here to let everyone know. Right now we are planning to shoot every Monday.

Bryan

Shortbusgangster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    Zachary,La
    I sure had fun..great guys and i learned alot...found out how to hold a pistol! hahaha..... didnt realize i was doing it wrong for so long....will def try to do again!!!!
    Ty Rigby

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Glad you could make it. Hope you get back soon. I know what shift work is like. After 36 years of shift work I know your pain. You show up when you can.

Bryan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom