Harahan gun range burglarized, police say

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/07/police_release_photos_of_suspe.html#incart_river

15506484-mmmain.jpg

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Did they get away with anything? The article says simple burglary but I would think if they stole firearms it would carry more serious charges. . I've been there a couple times and the place is so so.. What's with the guy that gives the CC class? After meeting him it seems they will give the instructors certificate to just about anyone. .

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    That's why! I was wondering why I wasn't able to shoot this past Sat morning.
    I'm there just about every Sat and Sun and consider all the guys there to be friend but they didn't or couldn't tell me what was going on.

What issues did you have with the instructor for the CCW Class?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What an interesting dichotomy! Here you have two darlings of the PL agenda, stealing some of the PL agenda's most hated symbols! Tsk. Tsk. What to do? What to do?

I suppose the blame goes to the gun shop for enticing them.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    For "customers" who apparently visit the establishment... First, there are other options... instead of bitching, go somewhere else and leave the lanes open for actual shooters. Or maybe complain that they are too far away... or maybe give some latitude for the convenience of the location.

Secondly, this thread was started to help catch a pair of criminals that are reasons why things like costs GO UP! NOT to bash the place or cry about a weapon jam from using weapons fired THOUSANDS of times by lord knows who and are rarely cleaned... bring your own weapon next time! If you want them to clean the weapons after every use... again, there are costs involved with that. Getting the new lanes up and running to support additional shooters... again, COSTS INVOLVED! Recognize the progress... instead you have to complain about some petty crap. If anything it helped teach you how to clear a jam!

Thirdly, If you didn't like the CCW trainer (why I don't know because apparently you took the course and needed it), then there are hundreds of CCW courses throughout the city... but not ONE of them other than the course at The Shooters Club completes the ENTIRE packet with you... fingerprints, passport photo, everything but the postage! However, I do believe that the CCW trainers are all ex JPSO.

I'm sure all of the "problems" can be solved, but everything costs money. If you're prepared for the memberships, rental costs, or the literally DOLLARS it costs you to rent a lane for an hour to go up, then I'm sure they will have no problem bringing someone on to clean the weapons and smith them after every rental. For $10 per hour gun rental... clear the Jam and move on.

Sorry for the rant, but it strikes a nerve when you have a local business where these guys are trying to provide the best option possible for the money they make and these "It's not good enough" jackasses have to complain. Build your own range then and let’s see if you get it perfect without complaints and for minimal costs.

I am there REGULARLY and enjoy the time I get talking to the staff and the customers. Funny how I never hear complaints until it’s in an anonymous forum. Oh, and no, I am not an employee... just a loyal customer and friend.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For "customers" who apparently visit the establishment... First, there are other options... instead of bitching, go somewhere else and leave the lanes open for actual shooters. Or maybe complain that they are too far away... or maybe give some latitude for the convenience of the location.

Secondly, this thread was started to help catch a pair of criminals that are reasons why things like costs GO UP! NOT to bash the place or cry about a weapon jam from using weapons fired THOUSANDS of times by lord knows who and are rarely cleaned... bring your own weapon next time! If you want them to clean the weapons after every use... again, there are costs involved with that. Getting the new lanes up and running to support additional shooters... again, COSTS INVOLVED! Recognize the progress... instead you have to complain about some petty crap. If anything it helped teach you how to clear a jam!

Thirdly, If you didn't like the CCW trainer (why I don't know because apparently you took the course and needed it), then there are hundreds of CCW courses throughout the city... but not ONE of them other than the course at The Shooters Club completes the ENTIRE packet with you... fingerprints, passport photo, everything but the postage! However, I do believe that the CCW trainers are all ex JPSO.

I'm sure all of the "problems" can be solved, but everything costs money. If you're prepared for the memberships, rental costs, or the literally DOLLARS it costs you to rent a lane for an hour to go up, then I'm sure they will have no problem bringing someone on to clean the weapons and smith them after every rental. For $10 per hour gun rental... clear the Jam and move on.

Sorry for the rant, but it strikes a nerve when you have a local business where these guys are trying to provide the best option possible for the money they make and these "It's not good enough" jackasses have to complain. Build your own range then and let’s see if you get it perfect without complaints and for minimal costs.

I am there REGULARLY and enjoy the time I get talking to the staff and the customers. Funny how I never hear complaints until it’s in an anonymous forum. Oh, and no, I am not an employee... just a loyal customer and friend.

That's the spirit!

sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA

What he said!! :hi5:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Check your iron levels buddy!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Yeah. You tell them!

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

tugfcn38rgj7sio3q368.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I enjoy the club myself. It's nice being able to shoot somewhere with ventilation, along with not having to deal with sweltering heat. And for pistols. The range is plenty long enough for me. Price is fair. If you go often, sign up for the membership. Overall no complaints. Only time I have a problem is with other shooters. They will get careless with their guns and I'll leave Bc I don't want to be part of an "accident"

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I did have two different rental Glocks jam. Once during a Glock match!

I was not complaining. All I did was mention it. That was twice out of several times, so do not think that I am trying to complain about it. In the other post I expressed hope that the rental guns were in a safe. Why would I do that if I did not like the range?
    Does anyone know if the rental guns were in a safe? Yes, I would feel better to know that they are safe.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I was not complaining. All I did was mention it. That was twice out of several times, so do not think that I am trying to complain about it. In the other post I expressed hope that the rental guns were in a safe. Why would I do that if I did not like the range?
    Does anyone know if the rental guns were in a safe? Yes, I would feel better to know that they are safe.

I get that. Thanks for clarifying.

I enjoy the club myself. It's nice being able to shoot somewhere with ventilation, along with not having to deal with sweltering heat. And for pistols. The range is plenty long enough for me. Price is fair. If you go often, sign up for the membership. Overall no complaints. Only time I have a problem is with other shooters. They will get careless with their guns and I'll leave Bc I don't want to be part of an "accident"

I totally agree with this. Some shooters tend to not care about their surroundings, who else is shooting, who else is using the lane after they leave (leaving targets hung, not sweeping brass), not paying attention to their casing flying over the barrier into other lanes and possibly striking other shooters, rapid firing (which they know they are not allowed to do)... etc.

I saw a guy in a wheelchair there once and I had to leave because he was trying to adjust his chair while holding a loaded 1911 with one in the chamber and his finger on the trigger. I was in the lobby just waiting for the "POP". Shooters come in all the time that have owned their weapon for months (sometimes hours) and never shot it, read a manual, tried to reload it, clean it, etc. much less hold and fire it.

Top Bottom