Gonzales Gun Show, Aug. 2-3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Gonzales Gun Show, this weekend, August 2-3

Well, I've been to a hundred gun shows, but only as a patron, so this should be interesting!

We will have a table and will be answering questions regarding NFA Gun Trusts, as well as drafting trusts on site. Feel free to stop by and ask for Joey!

'MURICA.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    A trust is just some paperwork drawn up by an attorney to make NFA purchases easier. With a trust you can have other people listed on it that can have full access to the items as you do. You can also list beneficiaries for your items as well. It also, for now, let's you skip the fingerprinting and CLEO sign off part. Do it now and order some stuff before they start changing the laws!!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Not a great show, but not a bad one.

If your looking for a Smith Pre lock revolver they have some pretty good deals (not great, not bad)

There was a 4" nickle model 34 (.22) I almost took home...

Saw a $500 WASR (new)

Ak pistols were too hi.

Plenty of lever guns, bolt guns, milsurps. (saw some good, not "your giving this to me" prices) and lots of CHEAP AR's
    (and some insane prices too)

Ended up with a 3rd gen G23 with less than 200 rounds through it (judging by wear patterns) with no holster wear and factory night sites.... For $385 OTD....

He has 4 more!
    ;-)

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A trust is just some paperwork drawn up by an attorney to make NFA purchases easier. With a trust you can have other people listed on it that can have full access to the items as you do. You can also list beneficiaries for your items as well. It also, for now, let's you skip the fingerprinting and CLEO sign off part. Do it now and order some stuff before they start changing the laws!!

That's pretty much the gist of it. Highly regulated NFA items like suppressors, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, and machine guns may be purchased either by an individual, or by a legal entity, such as an L.L.C. or a trust.

If purchasing/creating the items as an individual, you will need to get approval from your local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO), and submit fingerprints and photographs to the ATF- this adds extra time, expense and hassle to the process. You will also only be able to apply for the item through the ATF's paper filing system, which historically takes longer to be approved than their online e-Form system.

If you purchase/create the items through a trust or L.L.C., you can avoid the necessity of the CLEO approval, as well as the submission of fingerprints and photographs. You are also capable of using the ATF's eForm system which currently provides for Form 1 (creation/manufacture of NFA item) submission and when the ATF brings it back up on their website, Form 4 submission, which allows for conventional civilian purchases/transfers of NFA items.

You also gain the benefit of maintaining a pool of ATF-authorized users/possessors of the items. There is no limit to the number of trustees that you can name in the trust, and in a properly drafted gun trust, all trustees will have the ability to possess and use the items listed in the trust, as well as add items to the trust. This make ownership significantly less onerous. If filing as an individual, you will be the only person permitted to have possession of the item.

Trust vs. L.L.C.: A trust is more discreet than an L.L.C., as there is no necessity to file or record the document with any government entity. Only your attorney, trustees, your gun dealer, and the ATF know that it exists. An L.L.C. is filed with the Secretary of State and is public record. There are initial expenses for L.L.C. filing, as well as annual renewal fees and tax implications. A trust does not require these expenses- there is only the initial cost of drafting the document. Further, a trust may be amended to add or subtract trustees and beneficiaries more easily than amending an L.L.C. for members and managers. A properly drafted gun trust will also provide for the distribution of the trust assets upon your death, incapacitation or other designated event. Trusts can continue until the death of the last beneficiary named in the trust, whereas an L.L.C. may exist indefinitely, as long as it is properly maintained through the Secretary of State.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    GUN SHOW: I found this show to better than the past few that I have been to, which were admittedly at least a year ago. We met and spoke with some really nice, and knowledgeable folks and there were a lot of familiar faces. Prices have settled down significantly and there were some pretty unique items that I haven't really seen in the past. Ammo cans are everywhere, tons of, new guns, knives and good deals on used guns. Lots of people wandering around with personal guns for sale and trade.

We are in the front, left corner when you walk in. Come see us!

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    Not a great show, but not a bad one.

If your looking for a Smith Pre lock revolver they have some pretty good deals (not great, not bad)

There was a 4" nickle model 34 (.22) I almost took home...

Saw a $500 WASR (new)

Ak pistols were too hi.

Plenty of lever guns, bolt guns, milsurps. (saw some good, not "your giving this to me" prices) and lots of CHEAP AR's
    (and some insane prices too)

Ended up with a 3rd gen G23 with less than 200 rounds through it (judging by wear patterns) with no holster wear and factory night sites.... For $385 OTD....

He has 4 more!
    ;-)
    I agree. Not great, but not awful either. Unloaded one of my dust collectors and got an original non-reproduction Mosin sling.

One guy there had a couple of Keltec PMR-30's for the rediculous price of 850 each. Still alot of silly pricing.

Top Bottom