Advice on Finishes, For Desert eagle 44m

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAEDISON

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    First off, Yes A Desert eagle is a POS. But it's one of those things. Like I had to buy a Auto ordinance Thompson. (Not going to be really shooting.)

So I am a stainless steel man when it comes to firearms. So I am in a pickle.

I like the brush chrome Desert eagle and that is actually what kahr says is the best finish. But Most sales rep's don't even know what a bolt is. (No bad Karma as I am a sale rep in my own business LOL)

Anyway. What are the opinions of some long time gun owners of brushed chrome finishes lasting. Keep in mind I clean after every shoot. Any opinions from re-finishers. I could buy a black one and get it black-t'ed But for this type of toy (And I say toy because Its not a practical firearm like my colt 45) But With it being one of those ones that's shot a few times a year and kept in the safe, that's why Im curious.

I have a S&W 500 Love it and reload my own ammo. But going to 50ae In my opinion is stupid.

Thanks for any advice

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The Desert Eagle is not a POS... I have a few and all are well made, well designed guns. Might not be to everyone's taste, especially if said person has weak, wimpy arms. I find all of mine are very accurate. They only like full power ammo, yet again if you like shooting watered down ammo maybe you need to rethink your caliber choices...

I find the 44 more pleasant to shoot than any of the revolvers I have in the same caliber. 50ae is a handful, but it is a powerful round.

If you do not have a Desert Eagle, which appears to be where your post went, you might as well buy the finish you are looking for. All of mine are the std black finish. With a light oil rub they can sit in the safe and not have any finish issues. If you do not oil them lightly they will lightly rust, but that is common to the finish type. I use atf sparingly with very good success. I did have a brushed chrome 50ae and it was very well finished, so the quality is certainly there.

I find that most people who have issues with the Desert Eagle are either too poor to buy one, and thus are just jealous, or are just repeating something they read on the internet (must be true if I read it on dem internets), or tried to pick one up at a gun show and their weak wimpy arms had issues. Reports from actual shooters are much more positive. Recoil springs seem to be the weak link, as they do wear in time. Not a high cost part so spares can be kept if desired.

I view this as a hunting/target gun, it is not suitable for EDC self defense against 2 legged critters. Would be good if a sleuth of bears attacked you, much quicker to reload a revo!!!

Top Bottom