Riots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    OK All BS aside; what are the preferred tactics to settle riots, and stop looting of stores?
    Obviously you cant just gun down people in the streets.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Gas, Bean Bags, rubber bullets, Shields, Water Canons, Force, Restraints.

Some departments even use (or are preparing to use) an audible device that uses sound waves to force the crowd back just because there's no way for them to combat it... sick to your stomach, disoriented, pain in the ears and head... The military uses this as well.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Audible device seems like a good idea. Thanks for the imput. That has to be one of the toughest jobs in Law Enforcement. We had some riot training when I was in the Army Reserve 40 years ago, but a lot has changed technology wise since then.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    The 2nd amendment? Whoops, you said all BS aside. In that case I think the best methods are welfare reform, private education, and job-training for trade skills. I don't think there is a more immediate solution that's really good. By their nature riot tactics in this country have to be reactionary and it's very hard to win any battle being reactionary.

Last edited:

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Yea prevention is good, but in some cases its a little too late for that. I guess you could just seal off the area and let the folks settle their own differences.

I kinda like what the GVT did at Waco. Burn em all out. But...

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    A good start would be to have officers out that can defuse the situation instead of throwing gasoline on it like this guy. Thank goodness there was another one there that saw this go down and quickly took him out of the field.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Horses are by far the best crowd dispersal tools. The Egyptians figured that out 4,000yrs ago and we've been using it ever since

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    High-Velocity Dog Sh!t. Just swing by the animal shelter to collect their waste before hitting the streets with your potato gun and Dixie cups full of less-than-pleasant payload.

Inzgame

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2012
    Lafayette area
    As my Experienced brothers and sisters within this forum should
    Already know, anyone with 1/2 a brain would see fear in officers
    Actions! Probably never experienced hostile crowds or engaged,I learned a long time ago,
    when your out there on the streets, You only have two things that could save your
    Azz, your mouth and weapon, and backup on occassion..this video is a sad example of current LE,
    I'm a little older, wiser, and still haven't figured it out, I've been involved
    In similar incidents, however,did not escalate to riot status.
    Street rule #1--To defuse,you must remove...whether it be a direct threat, drunk, loud mouth instigator, this would also include the decedent laying in an open air environment as soon as possible, especially in a heavy populated areas.
    just my 2 cents, NO NEED FOR BACKLASH!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Large Passenger Ships.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    Most of those that riot have no job except of getting out of bed. So they can riot all night, go back to the crib, sleep to mid day, get a burger and fries, later get a fix, then riot all over again. Their green check comes in every month so no need to show up for work on time anywhere.

The government could take massive amounts of pictures, identify those that riot then cut off their green check, kick them out of the project, then pick them up for loitering, finally send their worthless keister to a research hospital looking for a possible cure for Ebola.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    We're about to see some of these theories tested out once again in Ferguson, MO any day now. My prayers go out to the LEO and Nat. Guard. that are going to be thrown into this caldron, probably with their hands tied behind their backs in the form of orders preventing them from the use of force multipliers such as their weapons.

Last edited:

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Maybe I was wrong. I think we need to start shooting them down in the streets. (all of them) Give them a days warning, then: Take no prisoners. Pile the bodies up and burn them. Some times violence does solve problems. I never thought it would still be going on this long. (and spreading across the country)

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Yea prevention is good, but in some cases its a little too late for that. I guess you could just seal off the area and let the folks settle their own differences.

I kinda like what the GVT did at Waco. Burn em all out. But...

Wasn't WACO where innocent women AND CHILDREN were burned to death by federal agents who could have simply arrested their perverted leader when he came to town?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom