Riots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    The problem could have been solved easily by doing what the judicial system normally does VERY well: Procrastination.

Gov't: "Ok guys, we're going to announce the verdict tomorrow."
    Angry mob: "You better be giving him the death penalty or we're rioting! Who cares about the facts! We even drove in from out of state to riot!"

The next day....

Gov't: "Ok guys, the decision has been delayed for 3 weeks. Sorry!"
    Angry mob: "Wtf mate? We even drove in from out of state for this, you just wasted our money on gas and hotels!"
    Gov't: "We didn't make you do that..."

Three weeks later the government can just do the same thing all over again. Rinse, repeat until the angry mob gets tired of driving in from out of town, wasting their money and time. Problem solved.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The problem could have been solved easily by doing what the judicial system normally does VERY well: Procrastination.

Angry mob: "You better be giving him the death penalty or we're rioting! Who cares about the facts! We even drove in from out of state to riot!"

The next day....

Angry mob: "Wtf mate? We even drove in from out of state for this, you just wasted our money on gas and hotels!"

Three weeks later the government can just do the same thing all over again. Rinse, repeat until the angry mob gets tired of driving in from out of town, wasting their money and time. Problem solved.

Meanwhile an innocent man's life is on hold and he is in hiding because they wont announce his innocence.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Can't they give out a few thousand tickets for jay walking. Disturbing the peace may work as well. Hit them where it hurts. Their wallet. A couple aggravated assault charges for those throwing rocks at police officers too. I would up hold every single law to the tee. And once they realize that they can't block traffic. And throw things at officers and start knocking over cars etc. They will either be peaceful or be on their way.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Wasn't WACO where innocent women AND CHILDREN were burned to death by federal agents who could have simply arrested their perverted leader when he came to town?

Yep that's the one. That was a tongue in cheek comment, I think shooting down rioters in the street is different. They are beyond innocent. Any one who is there after a fair warning deserves what they get.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La

The next day....

Looks like they just fan up the flames wherever they are instead of coming back to town.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Can't they give out a few thousand tickets for jay walking. Disturbing the peace may work as well. Hit them where it hurts. Their wallet. A couple aggravated assault charges for those throwing rocks at police officers too. I would up hold every single law to the tee. And once they realize that they can't block traffic. And throw things at officers and start knocking over cars etc. They will either be peaceful or be on their way.

Give them a ticket? Really? OK you go and do it.

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Meanwhile an innocent man's life is on hold and he is in hiding because they wont announce his innocence.

I think he's still going to have to go into hiding regardless of the verdict. :(

But yeah, they could come to a decision and put it into effect without actually publicly announcing it yet. That takes care of the on-hold part of it as well.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    1. Don't announce verdict at nightfall.
    2. Curfew - 9pm-6am.
    3. Enforce above.
    4. Enforce the fricking law.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It would also help to identify the instigators and remove them ASAP. Better to defend a lawsuit than to rebuild your city after you failed to take charge of the situation.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    My thought from day 1, was that the Fire Department should have misted down the crowd. The air temperature the first night was ~28ºF. Wet people in those temperatures quickly loose their will to riot, and begin seeking warmth. Then hose down the streets.

Let them riot on ice.

We could sell tickets.

Book them in the Saenger Theater.

I'd pay big bucks to see Riots on Ice.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Bayoushooter never ceases to amaze me with random comments regarding "what should happen".

Could we please make a thread to introduce the "kill everyone in the streets" group to the "the militarized policeman kicked my door in and raped my dog over a joint" group?

I'll provide the popcorn.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom