Stop Fooling Yourself

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been doing the warrior dash for a few years and love it, but I haven't seen any Zombie runs locally. If you have any info please send it my way, they look like a lot of fun.

http://escapefromrun.com/

Its so much fun. Much better than other 5k's for fitness because you get frequent bursts of sprints to avoid "zombies". The natl guard choppers and rigged explosions are all pretty fun too.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I'm 44. When I was a kid we were ALWAYS outside, running or doing something.
    Very seldom inside sitting still.
    These days are VERY different.
    Bad health habits start with child hood.
    Gotta get the kids out doing things.
    I play paintball sometimes and I find myself trying to get the KIDS up off their butts and into the game.
    After 2-3 games these KIDS are TIRED and overheated.

This may offend some but IMO, If it doesn't involve EATING, DRINKING and WATCHING some sport on TV people in Louisiana aren't really interested.

EDIT: I have to add I am a life long La. native

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm 44. When I was a kid we were ALWAYS outside, running or doing something.
    Very seldom inside sitting still.
    These days are VERY different.
    Bad health habits start with child hood.
    Gotta get the kids out doing things.
    I play paintball sometimes and I find myself trying to get the KIDS up off their butts and into the game.
    After 2-3 games these KIDS are TIRED and overheated.

This may offend some but IMO, If it doesn't involve EATING, DRINKING and WATCHING some sport on TV people in Louisiana aren't really interested.

LOL I've lived in a dozen states and a few countries. There's one major difference that louisiana has:

anywhere else, people come to your house to watch the game and maybe they'll have food.

in louisiana, people come to your house for food, and maybe the game will happen to be on TV.

:rofl:

It's literally the only place I've ever been where eating is a social hobby.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Living to eat instead of eating to live... welcome to Louisiana! You'd figure with so much seafood on the menu it wouldn't be a problem... but when its basted and served in a 1/4" of butter, topped with Bacon, etc. it defeats the purpose.

People here don't look at eating as a way to not die. Though, I will have to admit... when Crawfish season rolls around... I do tend to consume as much as possible. I promise it's only because the season ends so soon! :rofl:

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I have a good friend who is "big boned".
    He says:
    "I don't eat when I get hungry, I eat so I don't get hungry!"

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Living to eat instead of eating to live... welcome to Louisiana! You'd figure with so much seafood on the menu it wouldn't be a problem... but when its basted and served in a 1/4" of butter, topped with Bacon, etc. it defeats the purpose.

People here don't look at eating as a way to not die. Though, I will have to admit... when Crawfish season rolls around... I do tend to consume as much as possible. I promise it's only because the season ends so soon! :rofl:

crawfish is one of the few local specialties thats not that bad actually, speaking in terms of macro-nutrients. the sodium etc is through the roof but boiled crawfish is protein and fat- both great things for the body. Generally cooked with corn and potatoes- good for the body as well. Served with beer, dipping sauce, and dessert... this is where things so south quick.

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    crawfish is one of the few local specialties thats not that bad actually, speaking in terms of macro-nutrients. the sodium etc is through the roof but boiled crawfish is protein and fat- both good things for the body. Generally cooked with corn and potatoes- good for the body as well. Served with beer, dipping sauce, and dessert... this is where things so south quick.

Agreed... I'm one of the few that actually enjoys the taste of things without all the masking (fattening) garbage. Mr. John's Steakhouse for instance... some of the best steak I've ever eaten... cooked with salt and pepper only. When I each Crawfish... its just crawfish (I let everyone else eat the sausage, corn, potatoes, etc... leaves me more room for crawfish!). No dipping in butter, no remoulade sauce, no dessert (I rarely have dessert at all for that matter).

I think too many things are just ruined with all the extras... who destroys a great steak with "steak sauce"?? or heaven forbid Ketchup!!!! Ugh!!! Granted, I don't eat steak often, so when I do, it's got to be worth it.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Don't you touch my crawfish sauce!

For real though, besides the fried stuff most of what we eat here isn't that bad, as long as you watch the rice and gravy and control your portions.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Is this assuming 3 meals a day?

A calorie is not a measure of volume.

nope, and advice given would depend on multiple factors. I may post an AMA thread on it, ive been debating for a while

a Calorie is a measure of energy- burn more than you consume and youll lose weight. store more than your burn and you'll gain, its literally that simple.

Top Bottom