Confused about geting a LA CHP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Because there is so much confusion, and instructors will flat out LIE to you to get more money, the absolute best thing you can do is go the the nearest LSP and talk in person.

Do you wish to enlighten BS members about your knowledge of Instructors that LIE in order to get more money?

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    This!

I'm pretty familiar with the process (on paper), but haven't gone and done it yet.

Because there is so much confusion, and some (all that I've talked to personally)instructors will flat out LIE to you to get more money, the absolute best thing you can do is go the the nearest LSP and talk in person.

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step shall be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

Do you wish to enlighten BS members about your knowledge of Instructors that LIE in order to get more money?

Better yet, just corrected my post.

I've talked to 5 different instructors in the Monroe/West Monroe area. 4 told me there is no exception for Veteran's when it comes to their classes. The 5th refused to confirm or deny that there was a waiver for veteran's, and only commented, "you should take the class." Now, in that, I agree, everyone should take it. It covers more than just a trip to the range to make sure you don't shoot your foot off, and I do intend to take it myself.

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    Ok thanks guy's I have been having some problems getting here for some reason it won't let on but some times it does. I will look into everything when we get back and start getting my stuff together so I can do this and get it out of the way. I will look for someone that gives the classes and can help me get this stuff done in Leesville where I live since I am stationed at Polk.

Mustang-PaPa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2014
    DFW
    Hey Chris when you get back would you go out to Tunks and drink a Long island Iced Tea and eat some fried alligator tail for me?

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Ok I keep reading through the treads about getting a LA CHP. Myself and a friend of mine here are looking into getting ours when we get back to FT. Polk from over here in the Stan. We both are still Active Duty .Mil and from what I keep seeing is that we would not have to take the CHP classes but we need to get a copy of our weapons qualifications and send that in with out finger prints and the application correct? Also can we go the LSP station in Leesville to get the finger prints done or do we need to go to a PD or SO to get them done? Do we also need to get some passport photo's taken to send in as well? I see the cost for us would be $125.00 each and would we send a USPS MO in with the applications and stuff at the same time. If one of you can really answer this please do as I am getting bits and pieces of what I am looking for by reading through everything but can't really find the right answers I am looking for or I might just be over looking the information all together.

Email the LSP. (Concealed handgun unit) they are very helpful.

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    Hey Chris when you get back would you go out to Tunks and drink a Long island Iced Tea and eat some fried alligator tail for me?

Hell yeah I would I just need to figure out where it is. I really did not have a lot of free time on my hands when I get to Polk as I went straight into working at the JSFA and the SFAAT Academies. Then got had to go through the train up to deploy back over here again.

Mustang-PaPa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2014
    DFW
    Hell yeah I would I just need to figure out where it is. I really did not have a lot of free time on my hands when I get to Polk as I went straight into working at the JSFA and the SFAAT Academies. Then got had to go through the train up to deploy back over here again.
    Tunks Cypress Inn, its between Leesville & Alexandria on the Kincaid Reservoir, closer to Alex. Its been years since I was there. Worked as a contractor for P&G in Pineville & lived in Alex. We did a lot of eating when in town.

http://www.tunkscypressinn.com/

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    Tunks Cypress Inn, its between Leesville & Alexandria on the Kincaid Reservoir, closer to Alex. Its been years since I was there. Worked as a contractor for P&G in Pineville & lived in Alex. We did a lot of eating when in town.

http://www.tunkscypressinn.com/

Yeah I think I might have passed it when I went the Alex a few times. Let me know when you get down this way and we can get together and grab some food.

Top Bottom