Not all Aguila is created equal. (I screwed up)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Broham, you can get good/better .22LR for cheaper than 0.08¢ a rnd from SlickGuns ;)

...and never have to drive anywhere.

I keep looking online, slickguns, ammoseek, ammospy, gunbot, etc., but every time I find what looks like a deal, the shipping puts it well over 10 cents a round.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I keep looking online, slickguns, ammoseek, ammospy, gunbot, etc., but every time I find what looks like a deal, the shipping puts it well over 10 cents a round.

They have had it numerous times for less than .8/round through Cabelas over the past year. You just arent looking enough.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    A friend called me yesterday from Academy telling me they had some Aguilla .22lr in stock @ $4.49 for a box of 50, so of course, I drove there immediately.
    Limit 4 boxes per customer, so I went through the checkout 3 times and drove home happy with 12 boxes ready to play.
    Imagine my disappointment when I pulled the trigger and heard a weak pop (no bang) and my action didn't cycle.
    I thought, it's mexican ammo, I guess a few squibs are to be expected, but after 8 duds in a row I knew something was wrong.
    I could see the bullets leaving the barrel and they all fell about 30 feet in front of me, and I knew something wasn't right.
    So I took a closer look at the small print on the label and I finally noticed it says "Without Gunpowder!". :eek3: :wtc:

What the hell kind of ammo comes without gun powder?!?

So consider yourselves warned if you are as ignorant as I was of the existence of such useless "ammo", and don't make the mistake I did.

And if anyone can explain to me why such a thing as 20 grain powderless .22lr exists, I would greatly appreciate it.

No explanation however; I like the ammo myself, grandkids shoot it out of my old Ruger Single Six and have a blast doing so:]

I like dat me!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    IF you can find these, give them a try. I love em. They are deadly vs small game. And super quiet. :)

(As stated on the box, though- these are still CBs and won't cycle a semi-auto. Great stuff, though.)

DSCN0767.jpg

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    A friend called me yesterday from Academy telling me they had some Aguilla .22lr in stock @ $4.49 for a box of 50, so of course, I drove there immediately.
    Limit 4 boxes per customer, so I went through the checkout 3 times and drove home happy with 12 boxes ready to play.
    Imagine my disappointment when I pulled the trigger and heard a weak pop (no bang) and my action didn't cycle.
    I thought, it's mexican ammo, I guess a few squibs are to be expected, but after 8 duds in a row I knew something was wrong.
    I could see the bullets leaving the barrel and they all fell about 30 feet in front of me, and I knew something wasn't right.
    So I took a closer look at the small print on the label and I finally noticed it says "Without Gunpowder!". :eek3: :wtc:

So consider yourselves warned if you are as ignorant as I was of the existence of such useless "ammo", and don't make the mistake I did.

And if anyone can explain to me why such a thing as 20 grain powderless .22lr exists, I would greatly appreciate it.

It exists to serve as instant karma for anyone who is too important to follow the simple "4 per customer" rule.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    I like the stuff for what it is. I can dispatch of pests without attracting attention, and I don't have to bend over to pick up the casing. Evidence is neatly kept in my pocket until a trash can is reached.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    It exists to serve as instant karma for anyone who is too important to follow the simple "4 per customer" rule.

I feel like this is probably the best answer, lol. At least I intended to shoot it and not re-sell it at an inflated price. As it is, I am going to have to sell it at a loss because academy doesn't accept returns on ammo and I have zero interest in it. I have air rifles for quiet work.

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    Some yankees on another forum I visit use them for indoor target practice during winter months. One guy uses a Beretta 950 chambered for .22 short. The tip up barrel makes for easy loading and unloading. It is easy and cheap to make a bullet trap for them because of the low power. Dave

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Holy hell, this has turned out to be my best thread to date. :cheers:

Thanks for the input, guys. I found a member willing to trade them for some standard .22lr. We both got a good deal, so all ended well.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS

You might want to check the first 4 boxes you bought, they're probably good ammo. My friend has a friend who dates a girl whose brother has a friend who works at Academy, and I heard that if you come back in the store for extra boxes after buying your limit they stick you with bunk rounds that won't shoot right.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    You might want to check the first 4 boxes you bought, they're probably good ammo. My friend has a friend who dates a girl whose brother has a friend who works at Academy, and I heard that if you come back in the store for extra boxes after buying your limit they stick you with bunk rounds that won't shoot right.

A bit of friendly advice: Whoever told you that is an idiot.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom