Sherburne completely open??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yes, I have to agree that those baffles are the most stupid thing I have seen out there. Went this morning to shoot my M1a and AR and the first thing we noticed was how LOUD it was just getting out of the vehicle. Guys/Girls, please put your hearing protection on before you exit your vehicle. It was incredibly loud, and my hearing ain't the best. I have to say the place sucks donkey you know whats. To set up your targets you had better have a healthy back because you gotta stoop over to get under them to go out. They should have had something out maybe 25 feet out with wooden vertical boards like an advertising sign maybe 12ft over the grass. It would accomplish the same thing and not have the sound resonate in the shooting area. May have to start looking for someplace else to shoot rifles. I plan on contacting them about changing this arrangement.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I already tried Boss. They don't give a flying F.

I can't believe my fishing/hunting license fees and taxes went to that junk.

You honestly have to wear in ear protection and outer ear pro. It's just terrible. I'm waiting for a ricochet off of the baffling to hurt someone.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yeah, its just that bad and agree 100% with ya. Its ****..I am going to send an e-mail and see what kind of response I get..I really have no desire to go there unless I do pistols.

Glockrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    By chance I meet Daniel at the NHFD here in BR. We talked about the baffles. He said it wasn't his idea and he agrees that they aren't the best solution. He has the equipment to do some sound measurements out there to show how bad it is. He also welcomes all emails with ideas so he can collate and pass them up the chain of responsibility.

Top Bottom