Hodge's Gardens - Fishing and Camping.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheKeg81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hello all.

Does anyone have information on the camping and/or fishing at Hodges Gardens. I plan on going there later this month for a weekend get away. I've always enjoyed the place since I first went there 20+ years ago. I stayed in a cabin there years ago, but I have never camped. Has anyone camped there? Do the sites have running water? Are there facilities on site for showering and such? The website doesn't give much information about any of those things.

As for fishing, I've only fished an hour or two from the bank in front of my cabin with no luck. I have found some information where people say it actually is pretty good fishing in the pond. This website has gotten me rather excited to go try fishing there. I figured at $20 a day for a canoe/kayak, I'd get some great outdoors time, exercise, and peace and quite of being on the lake. Hopefully not too quiet though, I'd really like to tear into the fish!

I plan on calling the park later today, but thought I'd check here first and see what the community has to say about it all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom