Morons are everywhere

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Captured this on my dash cam last night on Hwy. 59 at I-12. Keep an eye on the Slidell police unit on my left as we take off from the red light.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Why didn't he turn around and stop that car? Is it because it was only a near miss?

Maybe on the way to a call?
    Maybe an experienced officer who realizes that turning around and going after him would create a greater traffic hazard than the initial violation?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Should have posted in my original post that this was a Slidell police unit in Mandeville. Actually outside city limits. Technically this is St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's office area. Maybe he was on his way home and figured it wasn't worth his time to turn around and pull over the other driver. There were no oncoming vehicles for a good distance, he could have turned around easily.
    Just because he is outside his jurisdiction doesn't mean he can't pull someone over. I'm sure he could have pulled the guy over, radioed for a St. Tammany unit and at the least have the other driver pass a field sobriety test. If anything, it would have embarrassed the driver and delayed him a bit.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I saw two idiots in that clip. The one that pulled in front to the Police unit and before that the one who ran the red light with the police unit watching.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    He COULD pull a person over and call and wait for a deputy, but it's not the wisest choice under usual circumstances. He was almost certainly off duty with no body armor on, may have a family member in the vehicle, certainly out of radio range for his equipment, and has no way of knowing (just like on any stop) what the driver might do or be willing to do to evade being stopped or arrested. Maybe he noticed that it was an elderly driver or someone on a cellphone and not likely drunk. It's a blind assumption, because you could be drunk and talking on a cellphone, or elderly and full of wine from dinner, but police make those judgements all the time when working. I'd be disappointed in him if he saw them swigging on a booze bottle and didn't at least follow and call, but short of knowing that, I'm not gonna judge him. I am gonna tell him and show him this video next time we're at work.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Maybe he figured the close call was enough to make the person pay attention more. Probably just some kid in a hurry not looking twice and bam it almost happened.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I want a dash cam. I'd like to start a blog posting video of all the people throwing trash out of their car windows.

How much does something like that cost?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    What recorded the video I posted costs me about $70. The camera is probably the best you can get for between $50 and$70. I can send you links if you want.

Sent from Bayou Bunker Command Center, FEMA Region 6, Portable Unit #33.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I'm trying to do this on my phone. Hopefully it works.
    The eBay seller I bought the camera from has a very good track record. I have bought several different items from them. The camera took about 6 days to come in from China. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Capacitor-G...-AR0330-Lens-W-Free-Mirro-Mount-/131208541342
    Not all memory cards work with this camera. This is the one that I use.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ode=as2&tag=dietry-20&linkId=65BVQB6K7MFL5PGX

You can find out a ton more of information at this forum.
    www.dashcamtalk.com

Sent from Bayou Bunker Command Center, FEMA Region 6, Portable Unit #33.

Last edited:

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    Why didn't he turn around and stop that car? Is it because it was only a near miss?

Because, usually pretty early on in your career, you figure out that a cape wasnt issued equipment, sweating the small stuff just isnt worth it, you cant fix stupid, and the realization that youre 5 minutes from hearing "daddy!!!!" as you walk through the door.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    The main reason they keep doing this kind of idiot driving is they don't get a ticket. No ticket , then it's OK. The man who could have issued a citation , just kept on driving...reinforcing the belief that it is an acceptable thing to do.
    No punishment equals no crime! Next time he will kill some one and then what...you can't fix stupid but you can write them a costly ticket. I say it is worth issuing a ticket.
    Gary
    Tired of dodging idiots driving cars like there are NO rules.

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    Excellent image quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom