Filed form 1 online today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Making a placeholder to track how long it takes. E-Filed a Form 1 today. I've heard they're taking under a month lately, so let's see!

ETA: Approved in 43 days. That's quick!

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Well that's one heck of a coincidence. Just got an email saying it was approved! :boink:

So my question for JCcypress is- does the .PDF that I can pull up from the ATF's website count for my official tax stamp, or do I have to wait another week or so to get a copy in the mail, before I get to change out my stock?

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't recall ever receiving an approved form (stamp) in the mail when the application was e-filed.

Print out the pdf and you're ready to roll. In fact, print lots of copies and keep one in your range bag, one with the gun (I keep one stuffed in the pistol grip), in your safe, in your car, etc. You can't have too many of them.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I don't recall ever receiving an approved form (stamp) in the mail when the application was e-filed.

Print out the pdf and you're ready to roll. In fact, print lots of copies and keep one in your range bag, one with the gun (I keep one stuffed in the pistol grip), in your safe, in your car, etc. You can't have too many of them.

Multiple copies, printed! I was definitely already planning to keep one shoved in the pistol grip, too. Seems like the perfect spot for it. Thanks again for all your help.

Guys, if you're thinking about doing an SBR, don't wait. These forms couldn't be easier, and they're getting approved super-quick! I'm probably going to put $50 aside for each of my next few paychecks and just get all my lowers registered. No reason not to, right?

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans

You are correct, the ATF does not send you an actual stamp of you e-file, just the pdf you receive via email. While the actual stamp is really neat, the trade off for the quickness of e-file is worth it to me.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is this the same form for a sound suppressor?

Probably not, unless you are building a suppressor.

Form 4: Purchasing an NFA item from your dealer.

Form 1: Manufacturing an NFA item (including converting an existing rifle or lower receiver to a short barreled rifle).

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'm scared to even ask this question, but what have yall heard about wait times for form 4's? Are they as short as 1's, or are they still taking almost a year?

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    There are ppl getting form 4's(paper) back in 4-5months right now. Hopefully it will stay like that or even get faster. Check out the NFA Tracker site.
    I had 2 form 1's(Efile) come back in the 41-47 day range back in Aug

Last edited:

Sn1p3r_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Texas
    What was the last veridict on the CLEO signature requirement filing from a gun trust? Am I too late to get a sound suppressor?

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What was the last veridict on the CLEO signature requirement filing from a gun trust? Am I too late to get a sound suppressor?

You are not too late, but I suggest getting things moving as quickly as possible. There is currently no requirement that your CLEO approve your application when filing under a trust or LLC, but the future is uncertain.

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth

No. Do it now! A lot of good people on here to get you going.
    I'm waiting on a form 1 and 4 both mailed early June. Hopefully mine will be here within the month but I'm not getting my hopes up; both paper filed. I'm going to try to get a couple more SBR stamps filed and file for my mini Draco soon I hope.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom