Saints game/New Orleans questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I promised my wife I would take her to a Saints home game this season, and she just reminded me. I have a few questions concerning the superdome, and New orleans (I am in no way familiar with New Orleans).

We are looking at going to a game on Dec 21, at noon. Would it be a bad idea planning to drive there and back in the same day, or would it be wise to get a room for before or after? I'm thinking traffic..

Do you recommend parking there? Are there other options?

I'm assuming no firearms allowed, what about knives?

I'm looking at tickets on the side line, in the top section (600s), will we be able to see the game/players well, or is it not even worth it?

Can you recommend a website to buy tickets? Been checking stubhub.com.

Any tips are greatly appreciated..I'm not a city person, so don't really care for big cities or crowds..

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    No concealed carry and they wand everyone. Leave it at home. There is a lot of pregame around the dome. If your interested I'd plan on arriving two+ hours early. If not 1+ hour early to get situated with drinks, etc. Lot's of parking off the O'keefe exit with a short walk to the dome. Look toward the dome on the left. Have fun.

The worst traffic is when your leaving.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you are towards the front of the "terrace" level (3rd level) than it's not too bad, kinda high, but you can see the whole field. But loge and plaza level is where it's at though. Either way, it gets really loud in the dome and it's all about the experience. Used to have season tickets, you can park at the dome, but not sure what the price is lately. Or there's lots and garages all over the city that you can park at and walk. I used to just walk from my parent's restaurant which was about 6 blocks away. They want everything visible lately, so I doubt they will allow knives. Just come early, enjoy championship square and tailgating.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    Can do it the same day. no problem.

Can park in the garage but have some peripheral lots that should be fine for a noon game - carry some cash for the cost or parking.

I wouldn't bring any weapons to the dome (not sure about the policy but asking for some trouble with security)

Top section tickets suck, a lot. Lower mid section is best bang for the buck (think its called loge or something).

Stubhub is one of the best online - doubt you can do better without dealing directly with someone.

We'd go park early in one of the lots around the dome, grab some lunch a few beers, get to the dome about an hour before kickoff and take our time leaving/ finishing our drinks. If you park north of the dome take st bernard or something north to 610 west and you can avoid a lot of the traffic problems. Never had a bad experience that way except for watching some real a$$beatings before Payton became the coach.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Thanks guys, now she wants to sit behind the field goal, bottom section. May just do that.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Me and the wifey work every at home game for our daughters dance team.

Traffic - Hit or miss, be creative - sometimes I go out of my way to get home quicker!!!

Hotel - Lot's of them - Holiday Inn is very nice, also can walk to dome.

No firearm's period. No knives period. They wand everyone, sometimes. That's a hit and miss also.

Tickets - No clue sorry.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Couple of years ago I was working at a church in NO installing the sound system and we happened to be going down on Monday when the Saints were playing the Giants. Me and one of the other guys realized they were playing and jumped on stubhub and didn't want to pay what they were asking and another guy mentioned nflticketexchange. We got on there and got two tickets next to each other on the plaza level in one of the endzones but we were like the last row before the concession loop. Got tickets for a little over $100 each an the seats weren't that bad. I forgot to take my pocket knife out when we got to the hotel since we got there, brought in our stuff, walked to Wendy's and ate as we walked to the some. Had to throw my knife in a big bucket that I am sure was distributed to somebody in security.

The other games I've been to with my brother were all in the plaza area in a corner and have been good seats for not too much money, less than $175.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    That game is schedule for 12noon right now but could easily become a prime time game since its a late division game. IF that happens, You may want to consider a hotel as you're 2.5 hours out from the dome.

Traffic can be avoided if you hop on Airline and run in through Tulane Ave. This puts you a couple block from the Dome but should easily find parking and walking is a brees.

Also, the wife can't bring a purse, it needs to be an approved clear bag. http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Found some in section 104 for $190 on nflticketexchange.com, I told her either those, or some from sidelines in 600 section.

Calcagno45- if it goes prime, does it just move to 7:00pm? I don't really watch football, she's the big fan lol

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    Potentially could kickoff at 730pm if it moves to prime time. 3+ hours means you're not getting out of there until 1030-11 provided no OT like the season opener.

Not guaranteed to happen but could potentially. Would have to see how the season unfolds and if there are other important games people want to see. I just wanted to throw it out there in case.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    +1 on getting there early and just hanging out near the Dome. There are a ton of restaurants and bars around there within walking distance. For a noon game, I'd prefer a hotel the night before, then just drive home afterward. If it's a night game then you're getting home late. I've only been to a couple games in the past few years, but in my experience, unless you end up around a bunch of drunk idiots, there's no such thing as a bad seat in the dome.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SleepingGreyCat
    Top Bottom