Harbour Freight --- [ I know..... I know ]

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    stepup_01.jpg

But 20% off of 100.........That's a basket full of crap stuff to play with !

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Not bad! I can't go in that place without finding "something" I can use. Chain, tow straps, etc....Their products have gotten a few poor souls out of a few jams, over the years- so they have their uses. :dogkeke:

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Has anyone seen or used the new predator generator that is a Honda look alike? The westbank store hasent had them insock yet to look at.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    The best place to get a tool you know you will not need but once or twice.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There are some things that are useful there; but I cannot get past the thought that as the Asian's are making these cheap hand tools they are all standing around as the door is closed on a shipping container full of crappy screwdrivers laughing! And one of them says, >insert imagination here of some Asian language and dialect<

"Ha, can you image the faces on the dumbass Americans that buy these as the handles break when they try to tighten a deck screw!"

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    There are some things that are useful there; but I cannot get past the thought that as the Asian's are making these cheap hand tools they are all standing around as the door is closed on a shipping container full of crappy screwdrivers laughing! And one of them says, >insert imagination here of some Asian language and dialect<

"Ha, can you image the faces on the dumbass Americans that buy these as the handles break when they try to tighten a deck screw!"

But $1 for a 6 pack of screwdrivers that you dont have to give a crap if you do break them aint bad. I have never had any issue with any tools I have bought there.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    But $1 for a 6 pack of screwdrivers that you dont have to give a crap if you do break them aint bad. I have never had any issue with any tools I have bought there.

I think that these foreign governments make their people make that cheap **** just to give them something to keep busy.

Look what happened to this cheap screwdriver when I was using it to punch holes in Styrofoam. :p

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    The little Harbor Freight mini chop saw that I bought to cut .223 cases down for 300 Blackout has worked great over the last year.
    Just depends on the item...some will do just fine...and some won't last long.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    HF full size chop saw has been sitting on the patio for years and somehow it still works. Admittedly this is the not the norm in my experience. Oh, and the magnetic trays are handy when keeping track of small gun parts. The lack of service and crappy A/C at the BR store just keep me coming back for some reason. This thread now makes me wonder how many Bayou Shooters I've stood in line with, haha.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    HF full size chop saw has been sitting on the patio for years and somehow it still works. Admittedly this is the not the norm in my experience. Oh, and the magnetic trays are handy when keeping track of small gun parts. The lack of service and crappy A/C at the BR store just keep me coming back for some reason. This thread now makes me wonder how many Bayou Shooters I've stood in line with, haha.

Service? What store are you talking about? The last time I was there some old dude grunted some unintelligible noise at me when I walked in. I instinctively started looking for a rutting buck!

It really is a strange phenomenon. It's almost like you go there expecting something new; realize it's the same crap as last time, and all of a sudden your mind wanders and you start browsing cheap foreign crap you know will break on your way back to the car.

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Got one for cutting arrows. Works like a dream.
    The little Harbor Freight mini chop saw that I bought to cut .223 cases down for 300 Blackout has worked great over the last year.
    Just depends on the item...some will do just fine...and some won't last long.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Service? What store are you talking about? The last time I was there some old dude grunted some unintelligible noise at me when I walked in. I instinctively started looking for a rutting buck!

It really is a strange phenomenon. It's almost like you go there expecting something new; realize it's the same crap as last time, and all of a sudden your mind wanders and you start browsing cheap foreign crap you know will break on your way back to the car.

The only thing I have bought from there that was a POS was their version of the Dremel. Zero torque. Everything else has worked great and has lasted through good use.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    My wife worked there, and they would hold rulers up to tape measures up to squares and laugh about how all the inches were different. I use a lot of their stuff, the air tools are great, except the impacts, which are junk. I use their die grinder, air hammer professionally and they work great. The cheap screw drivers aren't that great, they often slip and the handles break. The regular wrenches and impact sockets work great, regular sockets, not so great. I have a floor jack and a motorcycle/atv jack form there and both are great.

Saint Peter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    morgan city, la
    The sonic cleaner isn't bad been using mine for over a year to clean pistols and other assorted items looks exactly like a name brand one ($250)for under $100 paid 60 for it with coupon.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom