The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I'm in my mid 20s so it is safe to say, the number of "prepper minded" people in my area around my age are few and far between. I live by the mindset of strength in numbers. What successes have you found in ways to network/meet others or joining a community? I have no clue how to approach something like this. Also, living in Mandeville, doesn't help since it is pretty much all subdivisions and retail.

Being a 'Prepper' has no age limit, Your better off with the older crowd since many have been thru enough hurricanes etc etc to know what to do and why. Check out Survivalmonkey

Sneakybuffalo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    I live around Covington and am also in my early-mid 20s. I'm just getting into the prepping/survival scene and am all for finding others with similar interests.

Fat Andy

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    Mandeville area here. Some friends and I are trying to organize something low key. Nothing elaborate or Doomsday Prepper level, just a network of trusted people in the event of a disaster to assure we are protected and safe. It makes for a fun hobby as far as planning and preparing. Nothing off the wall insane just what's necessary.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    So is there going to be a Mandeville/Covington meetup? I'm a little older than you guys, but I still act like a 20 something year old and I love juvenile humor. Farts and belches make me laugh.

Sneakybuffalo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    That would be great. I think someone just needs to take the initiative and start organizing.

So, pretty much, we need a location and a date.

Thoughts on either?

Fat Andy

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    FWIW in regards to leadership, it's hard to "pick" a leader. Usually whoever takes initiative and sort of starts establishing everything gets that feather in their cap.

My friends and mine's group has a charter and regulations to establish a chain of command so there's no issues. The trade off to that is that no one is forced to stay in and is free to leave at any time should they decide to. But, different things work for different groups and people, so it can be tricky to get it just right.

Good luck with it all.

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Im in Forest hill. Id love to have a meet/greet. I might have a private range that we can use also. hehe

mikacct

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2015
    Ponchatoula Louisiana
    i have recently decided to do a few things.

1 arm myself and my wife. she loves her guns.
    2 join NRA; both of us
    3 get involved; i joined libertarian party
    4 meet like minded people
    5 think about "what if" **** hit the fan

looks like a good thread started here. i live in Ponchatoula and love it. Forest Hill guy had me all excited but damn that is a long drive. :-)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom