Address on drivers license has to current at Cabela's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunsmith86

Own the night
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Franklinton, LA
    Guys, on the second page of a 4473, the dealer has a line where they can put what address your DL shows if it doesn't match your 'current address' on the front. The buyer is supposed to list his/her current address on the front. They're also supposed to get new ID within 10 days of a permanent address change, as posted above. This really isn't complicated. If a FFL refuses to do business unless there is "only 1 correct address as indicated by ID" that is their option. If you want to get technical, read the 4473 instructions that allow for establishing residency. There are many options available to the FFL. For the most part, it's "their license, their rules" as long as they're legal.

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    You would think, with such a fuss everyone is in now about guns that people who enjoy them would certainly know the basic laws of purchasing them 0.o

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Pretty scary if 3 other dealers sold to you, and that you would have to ask about it being a legit grudge.....I always find the guys in Cabela's gun library in Gonzales are pretty cool, I can see why they get frustrated though.

This blows my mind and I have no clue why people do it in there, or guns shows....but what is the point of just racking the action of every shotgun you pickup or letting your little baby son of a bitch run around and grab whatever gun off of the floor racks...

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    So we have one member admitting to straw purchases and at least two admitting to putting false information on a 4473, nice.

yes- and when the feds come after them it'll be a whole new "overreach" conspiracy rant.

I feel particularly embarrassed for the guy admittedly having his wife (presumably unknowingly) doing straw purchases because hes too lazy to spend 30 minutes at the DMV. Sheesh.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    just call the wife to let her know I have to get that second gun safe I've been looking at. She ask me, why now, and i told her that we are required to have his and her gun safe. She said OK but we will have to put all the ammo in her's.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Let me throw something else in. What if my license is the address of a home I still own, but not necessarily the home I sleep every night. Aka own two homes.

Alw041

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    I was turned down by Academy a couple of years ago because my address wasn't current on my DL.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    The law says you have to change your license to your correct address within a specified amount of time after moving. I forget if it is 10 days or 30 days. You could be busted for driving without a license.

Top Bottom