Ruger Mark 1 High Power .177

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Anybody here own or know anything about the Ruger Mark 1 High Power .177 cal pellet pistol? Normally, I wouldn't think much about pellet pistols and just stick with rifles, but this caught my attention. Rated at 600 FPS (with lightweight alloy pellets) and priced under $60. It's a one stroke, break barrel load and cock design that is spring powered. Mainly going to use it for rat control around the house perimeter since its still illegal to shoot guns in your backyard in Orleans Parish and Super Collibris are getting hard to find for my .22 revolver. Any thoughts, reviews and critique would be much appreciated on this pistol. Thanks.

Last edited:

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Pretty good little pistol for what it is, a sub $50 pistol. Sights were a little crappy but got it sighted in decently and put roughly 100 rounds through it. Has a plastic sleeve that slips on the barrel to cock it that needs to come off for each shot because it kills accuracy. Check airgundepot.com, they had it a little bit back for around $40.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    This wouldn't be such a great forum if someone didn't offer an alternative. Here's my choice for an air pistol: The Daisy 717 and 747 series single-stroke pneumatic pistols are one of the most accurate air pistols available, without getting into the big bucks. Not the cheapest, but what I'd consider best value. I've had several in the past, and will shortly have another. My criteria was best accuracy at 20 yards or less and least cost. Quality of construction was considered, but speed in FPS was not, as my typical shooting would be targets. The side-lever pump and the 13" sight radius (to me) seem to be advantages over break-barrel models.

http://www.airguns.net/reviews_daisy747.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVyZZtqfhrk

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Pretty good little pistol for what it is, a sub $50 pistol. Sights were a little crappy but got it sighted in decently and put roughly 100 rounds through it. Has a plastic sleeve that slips on the barrel to cock it that needs to come off for each shot because it kills accuracy. Check airgundepot.com, they had it a little bit back for around $40.

The one I looked at was the High Power model that shoots at 600 FPS with high performance alloy pellets. Standard weight lead pellets are rated at around 500 FPS. This model was going for a little above $60

Top Bottom