harahan gun range robbed agian

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Wow, twice within a few months. Hope they lock everything up at night. Even if the guns are stored, they can haul off a while lot of ammo.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    That would explain the large police presence I saw this morning in the area. I was driving on Stable Drive-Hickory behind LaSalle Park and saw some JP's questioning a black male on the train tracks.

OP, where is a link to the story on this?

bayouthunder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    River Ridge,La.
    no link yet I was in there early and over heard staff. they were talking with Harahan pd. heard them tell someone 15 guns stolen this time. they don't lock up guns from what I heard

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Wut?

How would you recommend they secure them?

To be honest, with you, I do not know what the regulations for FFL holders are concerning securing the firearms when they are closed. If may just be as vague as reading that they have to "secure" them. Anyway, whatever method they are using, it looks like it is not working for them. All I can tell you is that if it were me, I would definitely lock all handguns up in a safe each night. It may be a pain in the ass to do that each night, but to keep from having one of those handguns in the wrong hands, I think, is worth it.

I'm sure the BATF will be going over their business with a fine toothed comb after this break in within a few months of each other. If they find that the business owner is not taking the right precautions, then I feel they should lose their license. But only after a thorough investigation.

For the record, I have never dealt with Shooters Club before, not do I know anyone affiliated with them. I have nothing against them. I would be saying the same about any FFL dealer that was in the same situation.

Just my 2 cents.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    To be honest, with you, I do not know what the regulations for FFL holders are concerning securing the firearms when they are closed. If may just be as vague as reading that they have to "secure" them. Anyway, whatever method they are using, it looks like it is not working for them. All I can tell you is that if it were me, I would definitely lock all handguns up in a safe each night. It may be a pain in the ass to do that each night, but to keep from having one of those handguns in the wrong hands, I think, is worth it.

I'm sure the BATF will be going over their business with a fine toothed comb after this break in within a few months of each other. If they find that the business owner is not taking the right precautions, then I feel they should lose their license. But only after a thorough investigation.

For the record, I have never dealt with Shooters Club before, not do I know anyone affiliated with them. I have nothing against them. I would be saying the same about any FFL dealer that was in the same situation.

Just my 2 cents.

Well that would be all well and good, however, "The Shooters Club" doesn't sell firearms... it's a shooting range. They sell accessories, but not firearms. They have rental weapons on site, however, they are not items that you can purchase... they are for rental only.

I shoot there, and it's a very well run place. The staff is knowledgeable and professional, the lanes are clean, etc.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Thanks for clarifying. I suppose there is no FFL involved then if they aren't in the business of selling firearms. But still, whether they sell the the weapons or rent them, seems like they are not doing a good job of securing them.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The only requirement is that they are held "secured under lock" from what I gathered with my interview with the BATFE. I keep all of my FFL items in one safe that is separate from all of my personal items in another safe as they are not associated with the FFL. This is because all items associated with FFL are audit-able and it is FAR easier to keep them separated and keep the prying eyes of the gov't concentrated on what they are allowed to view.

Also while we are on the subject it is ILLEGAL to have a firearm in your car and for the car to NOT be locked! If you ever have a gun stolen from your car make sure you note that the car was locked. If not, you could get a slap. These are basic laws so firearms are not easily grabbed by children or thieves.

Disclaimer: do you own research as these are my personal views and may not represent current laws

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    The only requirement is that they are held "secured under lock" from what I gathered with my interview with the BATFE. I keep all of my FFL items in one safe that is separate from all of my personal items in another safe as they are not associated with the FFL. This is because all items associated with FFL are audit-able and it is FAR easier to keep them separated and keep the prying eyes of the gov't concentrated on what they are allowed to view.

Also while we are on the subject it is ILLEGAL to have a firearm in your car and for the car to NOT be locked! If you ever have a gun stolen from your car make sure you note that the car was locked. If not, you could get a slap. These are basic laws so firearms are not easily grabbed by children or thieves.

Disclaimer: do you own research as these are my personal views and may not represent current laws

Could you please provide the current federal or state statute that says this? I believe you might be mistaken.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom