Good outdoor rifle range to shoot blackpowder near Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DR.NUMBERS

Addict of the Arcane Arts
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Battin Rudge
    Does anyone know if there is an outdoor range where I can shoot BP firearms? Preferably within 1.5 hours of Baton Rouge. I used to use Sherburne but since you can't fire from the standing position at the rifle range anymore, not sure I really want to go there.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I've shot my black powder arms, pistols, rifles and shotguns, at the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Range on Hwy. 182 in the Raceland area. I think they've expanded their public hours to include Thursdays through Sundays. There's a 100 yd rifle range, a 200 yd rifle range, a pair of pistol ranges as well as an area off to the left for shotguns. I hope this helps.

jcuccia

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Does anyone know if there is an outdoor range where I can shoot BP firearms? Preferably within 1.5 hours of Baton Rouge. I used to use Sherburne but since you can't fire from the standing position at the rifle range anymore, not sure I really want to go there.

I think the Iberia Sheriff's Firing Range allows black powder guns. They're open to the public from noon to 4PM on Wednesday, 8AM until 1PM Saturday, and noon to 3PM Sunday.

http://www.iberiaso.org/content.php?page=d7.htm

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Are there really ranges in Louisiana that specifically ban black powder?? I could see an indoor range doing it for ventilation purposes, but any outdoor ranges?

Top Bottom