Anyone with some land on the Northshore for shooting?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    I am looking to get into longer than 100 yds rifle shooting and there is nothing nearby with that. Anyone have a plot of land that doesn't mind? id be willing to pay a reasonable amount of money to be able to shoot longer distance.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Take I 55 N to Amite and go approximately 20 miles W on Hwy 16 to Pine Grove. One small store and several hundred Kleinpeter cows.

Misread, thought you said where is Pine Grove.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have some land in Pine grove, La we can shoot on. I already have a 150 yard range set up with room to stretch out to 300 plus with a little work??

Do you know any of the group that shoots rifles on the W side Hwy 441 between Hwy 10 and Hwy 440 in the 6th. Ward?

assault

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2012
    feleciana's
    I have some land in Pine grove, La we can shoot on. I already have a 150 yard range set up with room to stretch out to 300 plus with a little work??

I'm here in Clinton. Just picked up 2 more rifles..... Maybe we can get together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolDad67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    Y'all talking my neck of the woods here. I grew up in Greensburg (or just east of there off of 10 & 441). Still go up there fairly regularly and do some shooting and hunting on my Dad's place.

My son and I want to set up for some long shots there just for kicks some time.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Take I 55 N to Amite and go approximately 20 miles W on Hwy 16 to Pine Grove. One small store and several hundred Kleinpeter cows.

Misread, thought you said where is Pine Grove.

You forgot the strip joint and Post Office :D

assault

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2012
    feleciana's
    You forgot the strip joint and Post Office :D

Yep, the one by post office burned down completely this time..... Now they got the "mansion" up closer to amite.....

I'll be home for two weeks if anyone wants to meet up.... I pick up another 30-06 and a 300 WSM this friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    Im recovering from surgery now but later this month I am down. I signed up for a range that goes out to 651yds but it is in Moss Point MS which is an hour and a half drive for me. I have a 308, 243, and currently building 300 win mag long range rig. I've drilled out to the 651 yard target and had 6 in grouping but I need something closer so I can tighten it up. My wife has great groups at 100yards with both rifles and she wants to get into long range with me. Name a time and place and we are down as long as it isnt on a drill weekend.

ARROWBEE

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Thibodaux
    Sounds good, I'm shooting tomorrow for a little while and I'll be in Nola next weekend for a bachelor party but I should have some time the weekend after.

PotatoMuncher

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Lacombe
    I'm out here towards Robert. I have a huge section of woods (1.5mi x 1mi) that I regularly shoot at. Lots of fallen trees that act as a decent backstop. Very little wildlife and no human activity that I've ever seen. Currently, you can really only get about 50yds out of it, but I may end up cutting some down to make it 100yds or more.

We need a decent public range in this area of the Northshore. There really isn't too much available that isn't a full 30 minute drive for most of us in the Hammond/Ponchatoula area.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    Where at in Robert? I live right there on Old Covington Hwy and have been looking for a place around here to shoot other than Tallow Creek. I would be more than happy to give you a hand anytime.

Top Bottom