@ Palo Alto Members

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Did any of you manage to make it to the quarterly meeting Tuesday night?

I couldn't make it, just trying to find out if they mentioned the 200 yard range and when/if it's still going to be built.

Any other major topics come up?

Thanks

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    There was no mention about any range work except the electrical work being done. I spoke with Lanny after the meeting and he said they are waiting to finish up the two matches this month and then complete the tie-in for the electic service. After this has been done they will start looking for a contractor to work on the berms. The first bid came in very high and was to costly for what they wanted.

Beauxdog

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Beaux - I was there. Sat 2nd row to the back closest to the doors. When Joe started talking about the millionaire who put a shop and camp downrange of a 600 yard firing line I thought he must have inherited it or won it in law suits. LOL

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    We are hoping after the harvest season we may be able to get some help from the farmers at a reasonable price.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Looked at it on Google Earth. Looks like about 4,750ft between 5 to 10 degrees to the right of the northern setup. Doing quick math you'd have to shoot about 52ft give or take above the ground at 600 yds to drop one over there. Unlikely, but not the smartest move on his part. I vote inherited and not self made.

xmeister

xmeister
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Prairieville
    No new news at the meeting. The club is still very much interested in building the 200yd range and new pistol complex.....but it takes time, money and weather; as well as the right contractor/builder. Nothing could be done till the spring anyway when the ground dries up. With the new renewal cycle coming up in March/April additional funds will be available to help the process.

We did have an interesting conversation about shooting steel at the range. I see much interest, and also some concerns, so we continue to work the issue on the Board. Keep your fingers crossed.

As to the structures mentioned above which are beyond the range properties (way beyond), and the 'millionaire' who owns them; lets not get negative. He is a successful man, and the property is used among other things as a hunting facility. More power to him. In other words, he is gun friendly. It is our job to remain friends, and to keep our range safe and cause him (or anyone) no problems.

I've learned (regrettably) that it takes time to get large projects done. Be patient, and in the meantime enjoy the best range in the South.

Lanny

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you very much for answering my post Mr. Lanny.

Definitely looking forward to the 200 yd range.

It's really exciting to hear that the steel target debate is still ongoing, I was worried that it was a dead issue.
    I would certainly be elated if we had the ability to shoot steel targets. I think with proper usage and ammo rules in place with some steel shooting safety training/learning sessions we could let freedom "ring" so to speak. Here's hoping :x:

dustinflint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We did have an interesting conversation about shooting steel at the range. I see much interest, and also some concerns, so we continue to work the issue on the Board. Keep your fingers crossed.

Does this include any chance of highpower silhouette at Palo Alto in the future???

Dustin

xmeister

xmeister
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Prairieville
    I would say highpower silhouette would not be likely Dustin. Sorry. If/when we shoot steel it will be pistol only and within safe berms. Anything beyond that hurdle is too far away to consider now.

Lanny

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom