HK P30 Match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    Ive been working on updating the HK USP Match (last imported in 1998, made famous by "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" in 2002)
    pic1.JPG

There is a really good Match Weight available for the USP series, but nothing for the newer P30 series. So I've been working on this one. Tell me what you think? Sexy? Ugly? Should I bury it in the back yard?
    pic2.JPG

The pictures are of my Prototype, 3D printed in ABS, spray painted black.

Its called a "Match Weight" because the orriginal ones on USP matches were pretty heavy on purpose to tame muzzle jump. The clone weights are aluminum and therefore not heavy, but this allows for adding an extended ported barrel. A longer barrel is more accurate (Though harder to swing from target to target) and I plan on using porting to cut down on muzzle jump. Im working with a barrel manufacturer to get some longer p30 barrels made up and ported but wont even get a prototype barrel till January. I wont be able to test fire it till after that.

P.S. I checked with Austin and got his approval to post the pictures.

Last edited:

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    Got my extended barrel in. Everything fitting together nicely. Currently working on getting the barrel ported on the top and cutting in the groove for the o-ring.

final.jpg

slidelock.jpg

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    Ill be making aluminum ones. So instead of being heavy to keep the muzzle down, Ill just port the barrel with some sizable ports for hopefully the same amount of effect. That makes the purpose of this piece just to make it look great and prevent the user from burning themselves or melting their holster. If they would just make another Lara Croft movie it would become popular again.

That is the Taylor Freelance mag extension on there.

Top Bottom