Sons of Gun folks in the news again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Damn , I guess i cant spank my son with a belt anymore. or anyother object in my reach. Seriously, this is the second time a pseudo celebrity got in trouble for disciplining a child.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    :doh:

I wonder how much being "famous" influenced the prosecutor to file charges. Why not cash in on their popularity while what's left of it remains?

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    This is getting retarded!!!! There has to be more to the story.......

On a personal note, my kids are MY responsibility!!!!! So if my kid goes out and does something illegal, I am held accountable as a parent but if I need to discipline my kid and they call the cops, I go to jail!!??

Yeah, that’s the direction our county is heading in! God help us!

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Are yall leaving large bruises on your kids?

From a legal stand point, there is no specific size required to be charged.

My kids being the young age they are still only need me to look at them with "THE LOOK" for them to know. So, NO, I don't leave bruises on my kids.

But I do remember my sister who would bruise easily do to what was later determined (much later in life) a medical issue.

Last edited:

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    I was raised and disciplined by the belt. I remember many times having to go out and pick my own "switch". Wonder how many kids now a days even know what that is. I NEVER considered calling the cops on my parents in fear of what would happen when they found out I called.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Yeah, I remember those days!! As a result, I now suffer from a psychological condition known as, "RESPECT FOR OTHERS"!
    they have a cure for that now. It is called keyboard commando condition. Its is where ppl can say whatever they want with as much disrespect as they want without fear of repercussions. The second cure is what we are reading about right now.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Yeah, I remember those days!! As a result, I now suffer from a psychological condition known as, "RESPECT FOR OTHERS"!

Lol, I think I have that same problem.

I got a ton of spankings as a kid, a few left small bruises. But the last one I got ****ing hurt!! Left a big ass bruise anytime my parents told me no after that I listened. I still remember that one, although I have no clue what I got it for I'm sure I deserved it.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    by what standard is "large"?

I used large only because the article said large. I'm just trying to get an idea here. Are bruises okay? Is breaking skin okay? Is any location okay or are certain locations off limits? Does object used matter (hand/belt/chain/etc) or does only end damage matter?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Man, she is looking rough in that mugshot.

I don't know anyone really who wasn't disciplined in this manner, lots of them are LEO too.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I used large only because the article said large. I'm just trying to get an idea here. Are bruises okay? Is breaking skin okay? Is any location okay or are certain locations off limits? Does object used matter (hand/belt/chain/etc) or does only end damage matter?

It's all up to the parent. U don't discipline a child with the intent to bruise or break skin. But they will happen. Some kids bruise very easily and other barely. Switches can leave nice sized welts. Object, for me, don't matter so long as it's not hard to damage or break anything. Usually light and flat for a good smack on the butt or back of thigh. And trust me , it's kills me to hear my son's cry. I hate spanking him. But I mention " belt" or" spank" or use a certain tone u swear the fear of God is in that child and he listens up. But only one warning for me.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    in Hawaii if you use anything but your hand it is wrong I would use a small wooden spoon on the back of their leg. one day one of my boys was playing in the street and yes he knew better but did it any way I pop him 3 time and sent him to school he had a little red mark on his leg and the teach ask what happen he said his dad hit him. well 30 min latter I was in the first sgt office.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Can't wait for Kris to drop some more life related poetry/lyrics on us via facebook when he bonds out. Dude has mad skills!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom