Pocket holster help please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks for looking. Asking any pocket carry guru out there who can direct me to what might work best for my Sig 938 in my front pocket. I've been looking online and without a hands on inspection I can't even begin to decide on any prospects.
    I guess I could just walk down a holster isle in one of the big box stores and start tearing open some holsters...but I'm thinking that the moment I start trying to shove the Sig into a few, things will get ....embarrassing? In years past I've carried anything from a see camp to a 5 shot .357 hammerless snubby in the front pocket and never bothered with a holster, but want to have a sheath of some sort for the Sig. Leaning more toward a suede leather but truly have no good idea what's best. What I have at present all fit the pistol fine, but they don't fit me so well. Any shared experience greatly appreciated!

6755b86ad048f280170ae337567dadc2.jpg

Last edited:

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nice taste in pistols. I have the same model. When I bought the gun it came with a Remora 3B holster which is designed for in the waistband. You may want to look at the 3 RFT model which is designed more for pocket carry. The 3B-L may be a better choice as it doesn't seem to have the kydex of the RFT, which I think might have a smaller profile for pocket carry. I don't conceal carry this gun and holster so I can't attest to how well it works for daily carry. But I can attest to the grippy surface of the holster which stays put when the gun is drawn. Just a thought, fwiw.

I just looked up the 3B-L. Remora is running a 35% discount with a free mag holder. Cost delivered to BR is $29.

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I pocket carry every day, either a Kel-Tec P3AT in a size 3 Blackhawk pocket holster, or a Glock 26 in the next size up, same as Uncle Mike's and similar brands of semi-grippy soft material square/rectangular shaped holsters. I myself am in a search for a leather or kydex model that is more firmly shaped, as the soft ones tend to bend and crumple in the lower corner not filled by the barrel/slide, and they don't stay properly aligned in my pocket. May be different for some depending on body type or the shape and size of the pocket depending on the pants/shorts one wears, but for me the shifting position is becoming a frequent irritation, leading to frequent hand-checks.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You guys are awesome. Like you said Spec, the grip inside the pocket is a big issue. The kydex type or any other molded holster isn't a deal breaker for me, but a less rigid holster that might break up the print and be a little more comfortable in the pocket is what I'm leaning towards.
    Krout, thanks for that real world input. In thinking about what I need in a pocket carry rig I tried to consider all the scenarios, and although almost anything would seem better than having the muzzle of a mini poking a hole in the corner of my pocket or the gun being marred in some way from something else I might be forced to momentarily shove in there with it, the concept of having a holster that would retain its original form and stay put did occur to me, but you've given me a more real perspective on that issue. The second to last thing I want to worry about is having a tell. I got a text today from a friend who has offered up a size 3 that I will try and see if I experience the problems you mentioned. At the moment, the only other real prospect is a suede leather Galco I've seen online. It appears a little more rounded at the muzzle end and not so apt to interfere with the draw at the top.
    Thanks again for the great input guys. This gives me a lot more to work with

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I have carried my Sig 229 in a Galco Super Tuck (Crossbreed style)for a couple years and then my wife got a 938 AG which we both love. Well eventually I had to get my own. Luckily I picked one up from a member who sold several holsters with it. One of which is a Crossbreed style by MDJ customs.
    asu2upa7.jpg

But more and more I find myself using one of the two kydex pocket holsters that have no name or marking.
    abu6abem.jpg

agamunyv.jpg

These are super comfortable and disappear in my front or cargo pocket.
    There is a slight bend in the kydex to push off with your thumb when drawing that works really. But I see where a sued backing may help.
    I really like the Bianchi Pro with some of my other pistols and would like to find a one with a great fit for my 938
    qu6uja9u.jpg

Last edited:

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    If it's available for your pistol, Nemesis pocket holsters have always worked well for me.

+1

I have several holsters, high ride OWB concealable, IWB and find myself more often than not going with the De Santis Nemesis for my M&P Shield. Easily slips in the rear pocket or front pocket of most jeans or shorts. Whatever you decide on practice your draw, pocket carry's not going to be as fluid as IWB/OWB an will feel awkward at first, at least it did for me until I had gone through several boxes at the range.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Im a fan of the nemesis for my p3at as my super deep conceal option. works great in business casual attire, or in cargo pockets/board shorts

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Another vote for the DeSantis Nemesis. I sometimes carry a Kahr P380 with it. Know a couple of other guys that use one as well for times when IWB or OWB won't work.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Go to a cobbler and have them sew you a very simple one or two layer thick suede fold over. Bet they'd do it for $20. A few years ago I had a cobbler make a fold over holster for my mom's PM9. Showed them the holster in photo below, traced it out and waited 10 minutes and walked out with a $20 holster.

No need to over complicate things.

Here's the one I use for my PM40:

IMG_0982.jpg

Now, it says Galco but it's an old J Frame IWB I cut the metal belt clip off of. This holster was not made to fit a PM 40 or PM9-so don't get hung up on the Galco part number.

Dirty

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It will cost you, but Kramer makes awesome holsters. They appear on Ebay for a lot less than retail. I managed to get a new IWB horsehide holster(for Smith 4566) for $70(half price.)

Top Bottom