Mercedies benz sprinter 24 ft.diesel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Considering trading down from 35' class "A" to smaller class "B" . Mileage for A is 6-7 ,mileage for class B 17 mpg. Your thoughts ??

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    ^RV's...

Smaller is better. Better mileage is much better. Less expensive is good too.
    The questions I'd be asking are:
    Any reason to have a camper that big? How many people do you usually sleep?
    Are you flat towing also? That could be a consideration.
    How far do you typically travel? Do you boondock? Or just organized campgrounds?

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Just wife and I but we went to Central Fl. for 3 mos. last year and it was confining . Rv space was $500 per mo. which is sort of cheap for Fl. This year we were just going to boondock place to place and stay on the road . Gasoline was so expensive last year to do much travling around in the RV . We have a TDI diesel VW that we toad on a dolly which is also a pain . We are just trying to turn things over in our mind if it would be worth the upfront money for the diesel RV ay our age . Thanks .

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Depends. I have a Class A and it is ideal for going someplace and staying for a while. If you're driving a lot and don't need a towed vehicle, then small works. My class A hauls a lot of stuff plus tows my a Jeep.As I always say, it gets pretty good gas mileage for a house. Mileage is a secondary consideration if you drive somewhere and stay for a while. It's no fun staying for a couple or three weeks in a tight space with little room for vacation gear.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Update . We went and looked at this unit Saturday applied for the credit .Got a call this morning approved . So we we go to the RVShop on Choctaw and sign the papers tomorrow . Thanks for all the input .

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Made a trip to S.Tx.We stayed a couple weeks . Didn't care for the area north Corpus as well as Mustang state park in Corpus . So we are back home again , This sumer when the ice thaws out we are heading toward the Dakota's . We don't plan we just follow what life deals that day. Hope diesel stays down .

Top Bottom