MIssissippi Guy in the French Quarter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dock Rocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Jackson, MS
    Hello everybody. I am a redneck in Cajun land. Is there anything in particular I need to know about carrying concealed in the French quarter and the surrounding areas? I have an enhanced carry permit in Mississippi.

Any advice would be appreciated.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Hello everybody. I am a redneck in Cajun land. Is there anything in particular I need to know about carrying concealed in the French quarter and the surrounding areas? I have an enhanced carry permit in Mississippi.

Yes... Don't go into a bar. Anyplace that has a "Class A retail permit" is off limits.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I quit drinking years ago. Mostly here to see the World War II museum and eat. Is a class A reta permit a bar or what is it?

Yeah. Don't go to bars / night clubs / things like that.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Your permit is invalid if you over .05 BAC ;)

If you don't drink, you need not worry about this, then.

Regardless of what you are here for, my advice for your CC in New Orleans would be;

Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6! :p

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Class A Retail Permit is a Liquor license. Any "bar" that has this particular license makes it illegal for you to carry inside. Restaurants do not usually fall under this license. The WWII museum is not a government facility, so you should be good.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The WW2 Museum is outside of the Quarter. It is in the Warehouse District. The Civil War Museum is on one of the cross streets close to the WW2 Museum next to Lee's Circle(Statue of Robert E Lee.) You should start your day early so that you can see both places.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS

This might be a thread hijack but what is a "enhanced carry permit"? Back when I lived around Jackson I had a MS permit and then there was only 1 and all you did to get it was get 3 pages notarized and go down the the highway patrol office on Woodrow Wilson and get your picture and fingerprints taken. There was no class. I tried googleing but all I come up with is places offering classes nothing explaining what it is.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This might be a thread hijack but what is a "enhanced carry permit"? Back when I lived around Jackson I had a MS permit and then there was only 1 and all you did to get it was get 3 pages notarized and go down the the highway patrol office on Woodrow Wilson and get your picture and fingerprints taken. There was no class. I tried googleing but all I come up with is places offering classes nothing explaining what it is.

I think you have to have a class now. I would like to know too. Is their Enhanced Carry Permit like our CHP? :dunno:

CptChunky89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    crowley la
    Normal Mississippi Carry Restrictions-

Any police, sheriff or highway patrol station
    Any detention facility, prison or jail
    Any courthouse
    Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his courtroom
    Any polling place
    Any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity
    Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
    Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    Any portion of an establishment, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, that is primarily devoted to dispensing alcoholic beverages
    Any portion of an establishment in which beer or light wine is consumed on the premises, that is primarily devoted to such purpose
    Any elementary or secondary school facility
    Any junior college, community college, college or university facility unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearms-related activity
    Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment, for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft
    Any church or other place of worship
    Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
    Additionally, the carrying of a stun gun, concealed pistol or revolver may be disallowed in any place in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10) feet that the *carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited.*
    No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize the participants in a parade or demonstration for which a permit is required to carry a stun gun, concealed pistol or revolver.
    (Not listed in the Mississippi statutes, but still relevant): Any location off-limits by federal statutes

Enhanced Restrictions-

Any courtroom where proceedings are in session
    Any place of nuisance as defined in Section 95-3-1
    (Not listed in the Mississippi statutes, but still relevant): Any location off-limits by federal statutes
    Note: See specific AG rulings in the below paragraph about carry and EC carry *clarifications*.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Normal Mississippi Carry Restrictions-

Any courthouse
    Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his courtroom
    Any polling place
    Any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity
    Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
    Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    Any portion of an establishment, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, that is primarily devoted to dispensing alcoholic beverages
    Any portion of an establishment in which beer or light wine is consumed on the premises, that is primarily devoted to such purpose
    Any elementary or secondary school facility
    Any junior college, community college, college or university facility unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearms-related activity
    Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment, for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft
    Any church or other place of worship
    Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
    Additionally, the carrying of a stun gun, concealed pistol or revolver may be disallowed in any place in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10) feet that the *carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited.*
    No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize the participants in a parade or demonstration for which a permit is required to carry a stun gun, concealed pistol or revolver.

Enhanced Restrictions-

Any courtroom where proceedings are in session
    Any place of nuisance as defined in Section 95-3-1
    Note: See specific AG rulings in the below paragraph about carry and EC carry *clarifications*.

So which rules apply to people from La with a CHP when we are in MS?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom