Nagant M1895 Revolver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheKeg81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My opinion is that it's not hard to come by as there is surplus and new production ammo available currently. The new production ammo is around $0.40 to $0.55 per round and surplus runs $0.31 to $0.40 per round (all prices before shipping costs considered).

The surplus ammo is corrosive and some places charge just about as much for it as they do new production ammo. I chose to purchase new production ammo when I acquired my M1895 a few months ago. It only cost me a few more cents a round and I have peace of mind. Plus, it's not a gun I can burn through the ammo with since you have to load each round individually into the 7 round cylinder.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a replacement cylinder can be ordered which will allow you to shoot 32 ACP through it as well, which runs around the price of the surplus 38R ammo. I know nothing more than that about it though. From what I've read several people have had problems with it and some haven't

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've actually been seeing cases of surplus ammo pop up every so often after being "dried up" for so long.

This gun will also shoot .32 rimmed ammo such as .32 long colt and .32 colt.

I had one for a little while and then sold it, it was pretty neat. Trigger was a bear though due to having to move the entire cylinder forward before each shot.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    In my, somewhat limited, experience, these are a neat piece of history, and a true novelty.

Surplus ammo is hot. Really packs a whollop. The modern production ammo, not so much.

They are capable of accuracy, if you can get over that trigger pull.

I've never measured the trigger pull on one, not owning a cattle scale, but it is long, hard, and harder.

I say if you've got the funds to invest in an unusual firearm, get one now, cause they're drying up.

If you need a gun for home defense, you'd be better off with something else.

Oh, and I do know people who reload for this unusual round, so it can be done.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I have one, and would like to own another. The price isn't too bad considering the limited availability of these nowadays. Trigger isn't spectacular, but it is what it is. Ammo is still manufactured, and isn't terribly expensive. I love mine and am considering ordering another.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I think it is more difficult to find them for near $100 now. Cabelas and classic firearms supply dried up I think, AimSurplus is one of the only sites selling them currently (other than gunbroker or other auction sites). Correct me if I am wrong please.

Last edited:

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    Rguns is also selling these but they're more than AIMs at $195 to $250. You can choose them by year range though from Rguns. http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype=arms&category=8&subcat=5 There's also a few places selling surplus as well as decently priced commercial ammo for them. http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62+Nagant

762%20Nagant.png

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    If you can find a 32 acp cylinder remember that it's not a drop in type thing, it must be timed properly. The Nagants can fire 32S&W longs without worry. Some people even fire 32 H&R magnums but I wouldn't recommend it.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Nagants are reliable and fun to shoot. With the gas seal system, it's a cheep price for a cool piece of history. I have quite a few handguns I like shooting better, so I haven't looked at ways to lower ammo costs.

I've paid $23, $26, & $30 per box of 50 new mfg non-corrosive, and stocked up when Academy closed theirs out at $18.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom