What's the very last thing you used the knife in your pocket for?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    In honor of the thread regarding the knife in your pocket... I figured I would expand on that and ask, "What's the very last thing you used the knife in your pocket for?".

My reasoning is simple... I want to know the rigors that users put their knives through on a daily basis. Mine? I use if for everything from a pry-bar to a screwdriver, to a box opener, to cutting up an apple. I sharpen and clean all my blades myself... The last thing I used it for?

To open a box of Christmas Decorations last night.

Be honest, truly the last thing you used it for, no thinking of something you believe to be more manly or worthy... Now lets see where this goes. :)

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Opening an Amazon box. Before that was cutting up a chicken breast for a wrap. Before that was chopping bacon for an omlette. Also, recent memories are cutting a thread. Opening a toy for the daughter. Cutting a sheet of visqueen at work. Stripping wire in my shop.

I have pry bars for prying. My knives do not get used sideways. I also have screwdrivers. A knife is a poor screwdriver and usually ends up requiring a new knife.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I can't believe you heathens- using a tool that you carry all day in your pocket and use to cut pretty much anything, also using it for food prep! :puke:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I killed a grizzly bear, a crocodile and then I cut off the head of an isis member (and then his left ear for my necklace) ; right after that I opened a box of parts at work with it.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I can't believe you heathens- using a tool that you carry all day in your pocket and use to cut pretty much anything, also using it for food prep! :puke:

I only use mine for cutting up an apple here an there when I am sitting at my desk... I'm not cutting cakes or prepping poultry! haha... Also, the more I use my knife, the more I get to sharpen it!! That's my favorite part! It's almost as if I look for things to use it on just so I can sharpen it. BUT like I said... it's clean ALWAYS.

I do the same with my firearms... I love to clean them. Sometimes when I am sitting around watching Television, I will just pull out a weapon from the safe and break it down for a good cleaning, even if I haven't put anything through it. I appreciate the craftsmanship, engineering, etc. Knives and Firearms are more like a work of art as well as a tool for me.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I killed a grizzly bear, a crocodile and then I cut off the head of an isis member (and then his left ear for my necklace) ; right after that I opened a box of parts at work with it.

lol. Hey man, as long as you cooked them after that's cool. But straight out of my dirty pocket, cutting up an apple or something.. nooo!!! I'm pretty sure that's how ebola happens!

DixieXD

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Northshore
    Trimming up a few loose ends on my costume for tailgating at the LSU-Bama game last weekend. When it was opened (with effort) sticky goo all over so probably food before that.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Slow day, huh? :dogkeke: :D

I cut some para-cord, and opened some cardboard boxes.....chipped some ice, too. Nothing unusual....

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I cut open a roll of quarters. Food never gets cut with my pocket knives though. I just don't take the time to clean them... And often I am cutting random things that I wouldn't want to ingest micro pieces if.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    lol. Hey man, as long as you cooked them after that's cool. But straight out of my dirty pocket, cutting up an apple or something.. nooo!!! I'm pretty sure that's how ebola happens!

Yea, i'm with you. I can't use a pocket knife for cutting food.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I put it under the seat of my truck because I'm not allowed to carry a knife offshore because the people out here are complete morons and now from working out here I'm forgetting how to use a knife so when I'm home and need to cut something out of refelx I stab at it with a screw driver until it tears becasue the people out here are moronic ass holes that need to be stabbed with a large screw driver so they will apreciate a good blade more.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I put it under the seat of my truck because I'm not allowed to carry a knife offshore because the people out here are complete morons and now from working out here I'm forgetting how to use a knife so when I'm home and need to cut something out of refelx I stab at it with a screw driver until it tears becasue the people out here are moronic ass holes that need to be stabbed with a large screw driver so they will apreciate a good blade more.

Y'all don't have knives at all off shore? Is that not like the most basic tool...?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Pealed a pear,

Castrated a calf before that.

Seriously though I cut a burst top radiator hose off of a truck and a cable tie holding a wiring harness to a clamp.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom