Turkey made shotguns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    I am looking for a Side X Side or Over Under shot gun, I have found some nice looking guns but they are made in Turkey, I had a CZ once but got rid of it. I have heard some good things about these shot guns and some bad things. trying to get some feed back before I buy, I have looked at the CZ's and the Savage Stevens Gold wing they are both nice looking guns and not too bad of a price. Or should I just save up a little more and buy a Ruger Red Label or Browning. Thanks in advance for the help

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Some very decent shotguns are being made in Turkey at this point: CZ and other Huglu-related as well as Dickinson and others.

Head over to Shotgunworld.com and check the Huglu and other forums for more info.

I'm happy with a used Spanish side by side, a Ugartechea, that I purchased through Cabelas Gun Library, FWIW.

Don't discount my personal favorite, the Beretta 686 series O/U. I've picked up a couple used via Cabelas and Gunbroker at very decent prices.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I've heard of problems with the Stevens Gold Wing shotguns. The Gold Wing II is supposed to be a lot better.
    I have a Yildiz O/U 20ga from Academy and its a nice shotgun and doesn't seem to have many problems.
    I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. If you are shooting skeet and trap a lot, the general consensus is to get a more expensive domestic or foreign made if you are shooting 1000's of rounds through it. Some of the skeet shooters will shoot 20K or more shells through their shotguns.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    +1 to what Hunter said. With sport shooting (5 stand, sporting clays and skeet), you can easily shoot 50-100 shells every time you go. You want something a bit with a better build quality and the reputation of a premium manufacturer and also look into possibly a bit heavier gun to absorb felt recoil.

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    well I broke down and traded my S&W 66-5 for a CZ SXS 12 gage it is the one I had traded off a couple of years ago. still lnib never been shot. I think it was made in 07 that's the first 2 numbers on the ss# we will see if it does the job

constant243

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2015
    prairieville, la
    I have the 20 Yildiz. Love it. I also have the same gun in 12 ga and it does not seem to fit e as well. Length of pull or comb not right. Maybe both. But the 20 throws up and shoots like a champ

Top Bottom