Sherburne Today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Since its raining here I thought I might ride to Sherburne and shoot a few 1911's and check out the work done that everyone is complaining about. Haven't seen the barrier myself and could use the covered pistol range.

CATS

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    If you go to the rifle bay, you will want ear plugs AND muffs for everyone in your group.

RRB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Lafayette
    If you go to the rifle bay, you will want ear plugs AND muffs for everyone in your group.

Definitely need double ear protection. I expected it to be worse than it was, given the comments and pics I saw of what had been done to the rifle range. The baffles sure are a downgrade, but it's still a good place to sight in a rifle at 100 yds. for free.

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Last time I went there they had signs that said you couldn't go in and shoot at the range unless you had a hunting/fishing permit or something. I was under the impression you had to pay for that(unless of course you already have one anyway). I may have misread the signs though.

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Yes you are supposed to have a valid La. Hunting or Fishing lic to use the range which is free. The baffles on the rifle range suck, double ear protection needed for sure. Hopefully they will change the decision to use these and come up with a better plan.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Yep. I took the wife and kids out Monday to sight in rifles for hunting this week. Wow it is INCREDIBLY loud there now! You get every bit of report. Double ears are definitely required now.

Top Bottom