“The American Peaceful Protest Rights Act”

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    A good friend of mine watched the destruction of Ferguson, Mo -- disgusted that the taxpayer will be on the hook to pay most of the damage so he penned this to his Senator. I think it has merit. You constructive thoughts are welcomed!

Here is the text of a letter I just wrote to Texas Senator Ted Cruz.

Dear Senator Cruz,

Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving Senator Ted Cruz.

In the wake of the destruction in Ferguson, Mo., I have grown exceedingly frustrated with the destructive nature of some Americans. To me, the Ferguson situation really looked no different than some cities after a Super Bowl or World Series win so I can only conclude that there are people among us who just want to be destructive and look for any excuse to do so.

Time and time again I have noticed that when the police do crack down on this behavior, they are accused of being heavy handed and oppressive. When they don’t aggressively address those causing the civil unrest and perpetrating the destruction, the rioters have shown that they will burn down and loot the entire city. Of course then the police come under scrutiny for letting that happen as well so it really is a “Catch 22” for Law Enforcement. So in consideration of this, I think a way to mitigate the damage can be found in creating a piece of legislation which states the following.

“If you are convicted of looting, property crimes or any crimes of violence, you will immediately be removed from ALL welfare rolls and you will not be eligible to receive any welfare going forward with the exception of Medicaid and Medicare.”

I would also suggest that the bill be named “The American Peaceful Protest Rights Act”. I can just imagine the Democrats voting against “The American Peaceful Protest Rights Act”. It would also be fun to watch President Obama explain to the American public why he is against peaceful protests. To me, it would sure seem that the optics of that would be really bad for them and I really think this bill could pass if crafted correctly.

Why must the American tax payer continue to finance our own destruction?

God Bless you Senator Cruz.

Sincerely,

Jon P. XXXXXX
    Conroe, Texas 77385

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I agree,

If an individual chooses to be a menace to society, then society should not provide financial assistance, to these individuals.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Very well said. Unfortunately it makes too much sense to go very far. Like mandatory drug screening for welfare benefits.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Should be called the "Reasonable Rioter Control Act". Cause, you know, if it is reasonable, who can argue against it?

Top Bottom