AR-10 optics question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, I just purchased my first AR-10 (7.62) rifle, an optics-ready A4, after a few years of never getting around to it. :D
    I'm going to use it as a deer/hog rifle, and am planning on topping it with (most likely) a
    3-9 x 40mm Leupold. Nothing fancy.

Anyway, I'm just looking for some ideas regarding rings/mounts. As in what brands/types some of you have had good results with, aluminum vs steel, etc.....

I'm a steel mount guy when it comes to my other deer rifles- but this is the first AR-type rifle/picatinny rail system I'll be putting a variable scope on, so I'm open to any advice my fellow BSers can offer:).....THANKS!

-Heat

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I used the lightweight one piece by Aero for my AR10 and it works great. I got the 1" extension model for mine.

1112676_orig.jpg

9950487_orig.jpg

Last edited:

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Well, I just purchased my first AR-10 (7.62) rifle, an optics-ready A4, after a few years of never getting around to it. :D
    I'm going to use it as a deer/hog rifle, and am planning on topping it with (most likely) a
    3-9 x 40mm Leupold. Nothing fancy.

Anyway, I'm just looking for some ideas regarding rings/mounts. As in what brands/types some of you have had good results with, aluminum vs steel, etc.....

I'm a steel mount guy when it comes to my other deer rifles- but this is the first AR-type rifle/picatinny rail system I'll be putting a variable scope on, so I'm open to any advice my fellow BSers can offer:).....THANKS!

-Heat

We use Aero Mounts for guys looking for a good lightweight option. We also use quite a bit of Nightforce Mounts. For a QD option we use a ton of Bobro mounts.

Top Bottom