Man vs Man Plate Match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    St. Bernard Indoor has begun it's Friday Nite Man vs Man plate matches again.
    It is a double elimination format and makes for lots of fun and quite challenging as well.
    Next match is this Friday 12/19. Match starts at 7:30 PM Get there at least 30 minutes early to sign up.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Each shooter has 5 plates to shoot before the opponent does. You shoot the best two out of three strings for a win. If you win the first two strings, then there is not a third string. This is a triple elimination match. The shooting classes are Master, A, B, and C class. You sign up for C class if you are new to this or ranked C class before. C class does not require a holster since you are shooting from the ready position.
    The first match was week before last and there were at least 40 shooters. C class had prizes for 1st through 3rd place.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=717730791642391

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    200 rounds should have you covered if you advance to the last round. C class was the largest group of shooters and the winners used about 150 rounds.

Duhbob

Burnin'd'candle@bothenz
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Slidell
    I voluntarily shot the match in B class. The average times, per event, will set the class for each shooter after a few matches.
    Even on their first night back from a 10 year intermission (Katrina) the match was well-run and the ventillation worked as well. This is a fun and real challenging match. It just looks easy.

Duhbob

Burnin'd'candle@bothenz
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Slidell
    Funny but true. I watched some of the newer shooters throw 30+ rounds down range in just two strings, while the winner of the round only shot 10 or 12 rounds... and won.
    If you bomb-out (lose) in three elimination runs, probably you can get by with 50 or 60rds. on the night. If you keep winning all night though and have to shoot three strings per (which is possible in a best two out of three) you may need 200+rds. Bring extra.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Wish I could be there, working nights this weekend and it's down the road from my work. I miss the good times we had years ago when the whole group of us from Nicks would show up. Looking forward to getting to go again if its on a day I work days or I am off.

JEG

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Made two of the three matches and they were fun and challenging at the same time. As you advance further against more advance shooters the pressure to push yourself faster and faster builds until you get so amped up your hands are shaking after three strings. Pretty cool! They have a nice setup and nicely stocked store as well.

Top Bottom