AKM receiver spot weld.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Untranslate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2012
    Im building a pair of AKs (a polish 74 and a Hungarian AKM under-folder). I have Childers heat treated receivers for both but i need a spot welding service to mount the rails.
    Any one know who in the Baton Rouge area can do that at a reasonable price?
    I will have them aligned clamped and ready to go i just need the welds.

Abu Josh

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Mandeville
    Did you populate the barrels, etc? Are you a builder? I built a Tula kit back in March 2012 at a CalGuns AK Team build party when I was stationed in San Diego. Since then I haven't built a thing, but I have all of the tools to build but am shaky on the knowledge base. I also have 3 kits that need attention.

Thanks,

Alan
    abujosh99@gmail.com
    alan.lecompte@lpsb.org

Abu Josh

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Mandeville
    Do you know if anyone does build parties in SE LA? There's nothing like the sounds of Dremel tools and trash talking with burgers grilling and beer flowing. There must be SOME dudes that would like to do a build party.

Untranslate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2012
    I have not done anything yet except clean up the parts kits. I got sidetracked with DIY flooring project that is still ongoing. In the mean time im considering just buying a 220 spot welder from harbor freight. I know that will do the trick with a little modification. I seem like people only very rarely do build parties any more. Or if they do they are probably unadvertised or private considering the hostile stance of the administration and ATF.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have built quite a few of the childers 80% receivers. Make sure you clean sand and polish all 4 contact surfaces before spot welding. Imuse a 110 harbor freight spot welder with ak builder tongs and tips. Ak files has all the info you need in the gunsmith section. Join and read.

bayoushooter

Rating - 98.6%
    72   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Build parties = crap ak's, all parts and barrel components have to be fit by hand and that takes a lot of time to do correctly. Unless everyone at the build party has a kit with complete original barrel/trunnion with all components pinned. Those are hard to find these days and demand a premium.

Top Bottom