Ruger offering new 10/22 trigger?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Got this on an email days ago. I've been to the Ruger site and couldn't get anything further. Wonder if it will be cheaper than aftermarket. Don't they owe us that?
    Anyway, goes on sale at shopruger.com tomorrow

9644ce06b6a71360fc5c9d240cdf08d8.jpg

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    That's pretty awesome. I put a Power Custom setup in my 10/22 that is really nice, but wasn't the easiest install. I'd have bought the OEM setup had it been available.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Cool.
    MSRP- $89.95
    I prob won't buy one(Have a good trigger job already on my 10/22) but glad to see another good trigger option for the 10/22's.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Went back and say they are listing a price now. Considering it's a drop in, and backed by Ruger, I'd think that's a fair price. Gonna take my chances and hope it's acceptable. Almost anything would be better than the 45 pound trigger they come with.... Ok, 35 pound.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Why pay Ruger for something that should be standard on their rifles. There can't be much difference in the production cost. Build it right from the beginning!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Why pay Ruger for something that should be standard on their rifles. There can't be much difference in the production cost. Build it right from the beginning!
    Problem is, they've been building them a while. And hence my original post,
    "Don't they owe us that?". But at least they finally made an improvement. Let's see if Ruger doesn't go a step further and start dropping them in the 10/22 from the factory at NO EXTRA CHARGE. They would be the first .22 semiauto carbine I've heard of with a standard 3 pound trigger.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth

Kinda like a car dealer not including heated seats for free. The regular seats will work, but heated seats are a nice upgrade.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well, feedback time. Got the trigger assembly in Friday and although I'm working nights this weekend I made the time to swap it out with the original trigger pack, which was easy as pie, seeing as I routinely remove it as part of cleaning my 10/22's. The trigger is very predictable. That was the part that stood out to me the most. Although it seems to have a tiny bit more travel than the 50 pound trigger I removed. Reset is immediate. Another nice surprise. And yes, it's soft. Not sure if it's exactly the advertised 2.75 pounds of pull, but it's soft and crisp. I can't say I hoped for any better than it is, considering the price, a tad over $100 to my door, and the fact that it's an easy drop in. It's a stark difference and major improvement over The original to say the least. I went through 2 BX25 mags during the "testing" and it was a difficult task to make myself go inside to sleep and not simply reload and hit the woods for some squirrels this morning. They were everywhere!

To sum things up, I'm glad Ruger has offered the trigger. I might never have spent the money on a Timney or Volquartsen
    Or the improved hopped up super tuned parts to modify the existing set up and I've ordered another for my squirrel rifle.
    I would recommend the trigger more for hunting than target shooting due to the fast follow up the trigger allows. You can pull off shot after shot without disturbing your aim. Well worth the money.

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I would think Ruger will start marketing a new " Ruger 10/22 WOCT" model soon along with their standard WCT model.
    WOCT = without crappy trigger WCT = with crappy trigger

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Got my trigger in yesterday compliments of Ruger and Gun Talk Radio. Gonna try to get it installed between now and the weekend and maybe take it out to the range to try it out.

OtterBob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    West Monroe
    I too picked up Rugers new trigger, from the local gun store. I've ran a brick through it and so far, it's been a heck of a lot better than my factory trigger. Oh course, picking it up the same day I picked up my suppressor, made shooting a brick of shells a must.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I too picked up Rugers new trigger, from the local gun store. I've ran a brick through it and so far, it's been a heck of a lot better than my factory trigger. Oh course, picking it up the same day I picked up my suppressor, made shooting a brick of shells a must.
    Lol, well yeah!
    Picked up another Friday. Install couldn't be easier.

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    So would yall recommend this drop in trigger or buying the parts and upgrading existing trigger? Been looking to make the 10/22 a little nicer.

Top Bottom