Somebody Calm Me Down!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    When I heard SIG was going to make P220's in 1omm, I got really excited. Why? Especially when I have 3 other 10mm pistols?

Because they are all 1911's. I have the SIG P229 in .40cal/357SIG, and love that pistol. So a SIG in my favorite pistol caliber?????

I WANT IT, AND I WANT IT NOW!

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    When I heard SIG was going to make P220's in 1omm, I got really excited. Why? Especially when I have 3 other 10mm pistols?

Because they are all 1911's. I have the SIG P229 in .40cal/357SIG, and love that pistol. So a SIG in my favorite pistol caliber?????

I WANT IT, AND I WANT IT NOW!

Are you on Sigforum?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If I wanted a 10mm pistol I would wait for the Glock G40 Longslide which should be available soon.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I've always been intrigued by 10mm. What's the recoil comparable to?

I have a Glock 20 and shoot full power loads from Underwood in their 165 and 180 gr offerings. Both loads will exceed 700/lb/ft.. Which is nuclear level :)

Not hard to control at all. Kind of like shooting 357mag in a med frame revolver. I have a lot of fun shooting it and don't find it punishing at all. Awesome cartridge.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Like having an atomic bomb go off in your hand. Followed by utter destruction and decimation the direction it was pointed. ;)

I have a Glock 20 and shoot full power loads from Underwood in their 165 and 180 gr offerings. Both loads will exceed 700/lb/ft.. Which is nuclear level :)

Not hard to control at all. Kind of like shooting 357mag in a med frame revolver. I have a lot of fun shooting it and don't find it punishing at all. Awesome cartridge.

I've kind of moved away from magnum loads for the most part, but if I can achieve utter destruction what's not to like? :)

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

+1
    I have had a Glock 20 for over 15 years. It is the most powerful round I have fired that is easy to control. My two favorite rounds are 10mm and .357mag.
    Avid shooters should not have a problem with the 10mm round.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    They've been "talking" about a 10mm for a while. Still hasn't happened. Hell, even CZ made a hybrid 97B/SP01 that shoots 10mm...notice I said "A" as in ONE...and as much as we've been asking for it, so far no forward momentum other than it being a "because we can" one off. Hell, we've even been asking for a 10mm version of the XD/XDM, no dice.

So, while it's a nice dream, don't hold your breath.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I might actually buy a Sig now, IF I can find a used one in a clearance sale.

They are too proud of their products for me. Nice guns, don't get me wrong, I just don't find any advantage to spending more money on a negligible (if there is any actual improvement) difference in performance. I've shot plenty, and they're nice, but not $200 more nice.

That G40 sounds interesting though!

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    We are doing a relatively short run of the new Sig P220 in 10mm, with a set of features I thought would make it a great pistol for the range or for hunting. I'm thinking of it as a hog gun!

Fiber optic front sight, adjustable rear sight, rail (think light or laser), ambi safety, 5-inch barrel, all stainless steel, special G10 grips from Hogue (a style never available before on the P220), and the big thing for me -- single action only. A great SA trigger pull.

Details and images at www.durysguns.com.

Top Bottom