Minor injuries from bullet ricochet at Sherburne WMA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    One reason I tend to stay away from public ranges is this type of thing and dumb ass people not handling their weapons correctly. Not saying guy was at fault, but that's what can happen with a lot of people there.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    One reason I tend to stay away from public ranges is this type of thing and dumb ass people not handling their weapons correctly. Not saying guy was at fault, but that's what can happen with a lot of people there.

I agree. Statistically the more people present the greater the likely hood something will go wrong. Not to mention the greater likely hood a moron will be in the crowd.

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Glad no one was seriously injured. I used to love Sherburne until I built my own range. I mostly stayed away during hunting season. To many people with firearms. I've seen it pretty rowdy and have left the range at times during hunting season when I felt at risk or I felt I was going to witness a tragedy. I watched a Dad drinking beer with 3 boys under 10 and a shotgun on the pistol range. Teaching his sons I suppose how to shoot. He nor the sons knew what a hot range was. Walked right out with the boys in tow to check his targets. 3 others shooting 45's didn't see them until they were 10-15 feet out on the range. That's when I picked up and left the last time I was there Only during the week and only after hunting season is over.

cb8180

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Yep I won't dare go there on a weekend. I'm glad I have access to private land most of the time.

Top Bottom