Anyone Know Someone or Deputy Who Uses The St. Mary Parish Sheriffs Range?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Guys,

I want to reach out to someone for a friend who is too shy to rightfully and comfortably use that range. She tells me the deputy's that were there when they went weren't very friendly and seemed to brow beat them when they went to check it out.

Of course, I can't believe it; so hit this thread up (or PM), with some names!

Thanks!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Guys,

I want to reach out to someone for a friend who is too shy to rightfully and comfortably use that range. She tells me the deputy's that were there when they went weren't very friendly and seemed to brow beat them when they went to check it out.

Of course, I can't believe it; so hit this thread up (or PM), with some names!

Thanks!

if they looked like you and had some bubba'd up SKS on their back maybe the brow was justified?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    lmao. Couldn't make us nickels or dimes eh?

double-brow treatment.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why do they have to be the pennies man? That's messed up. Shame on you!

lmao. Couldn't make us nickels or dimes eh?

double-brow treatment.

All right! All right! We can bash cops after New Years. :p I hear there may be a new forum category called the "Slush Pit!" No holds barred, no bans! :mamoru:

The matter at hand is what's important!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    All right! All right! We can bash cops after New Years. :p I hear there may be a new forum category called the "Slush Pit!" No holds barred, no bans! :mamoru:

The Slush pit? lmao. did they put your avatar in the description, or mine?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

You better watch it, we don't need anyone else promoting class warfare in the pocket change.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You better watch it, we don't need anyone else promoting class warfare in the pocket change.

I think I am more concerned that no one in St. Mary Parish seems to have a internet access much less be a member or guest on the BS.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I just wouldn't go back if that happened to me.

She is very demure and kind of passive, so perhaps the guys thought she was a novice and a safety risk. I don't know. But you know how it goes, if I could steer her to a person in the brethren or a range regular than it's like:

"Ay, Sonny; I wan ya ta meet someone; she's a friend of ours! Faged about it!"
    ;)

matto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been there several times with relatives. There is one deputy who could be more diplomatic. On our last trip we picked up some brass that someone else had left behind, he came over to tell us to stop and that it belongs to them if it wasn't ours. We didn't know it was a problem and said so, he told us he could have us arrested. We asked if he was going to arrest us, he says "a real man wouldn't have done it to begin with." Whatever buddy, we just left. It's free and he has a badge so we're not going to argue, or stop going. I'm not going to identify him. In his defense if you are not drawing attention to yourself he will leave you alone. Everyone else there has been totally mellow and helpful.

I can see where a girl who is a bit intimidated by the setting to begin with gets a chewing out by this guy and never wants to go back.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Can't help her at St Mary but IPSO is a few miles west on 90 and very civilian friendly (at least on Wednesdays). Tell her to ask for Ed.
    Ed

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've been there several times with relatives. There is one deputy who could be more diplomatic. On our last trip we picked up some brass that someone else had left behind, he came over to tell us to stop and that it belongs to them if it wasn't ours. We didn't know it was a problem and said so, he told us he could have us arrested. We asked if he was going to arrest us, he says "a real man wouldn't have done it to begin with." Whatever buddy, we just left. It's free and he has a badge so we're not going to argue, or stop going. I'm not going to identify him. In his defense if you are not drawing attention to yourself he will leave you alone. Everyone else there has been totally mellow and helpful.

I can see where a girl who is a bit intimidated by the setting to begin with gets a chewing out by this guy and never wants to go back.

Maybe he was promoted from school crossing guard and putting 100% into is new position :dunno:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom