Anyone Know Someone or Deputy Who Uses The St. Mary Parish Sheriffs Range?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I assume that would be "Iberia"?

That's correct, Iberia is a nice range also.

On to your topic, I have been to the St. Mary range several times and have never had a problem. The deputies there were always friendly and many times come and BS with us while we are shooting. Just follow the rules and she should have no problem..

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That's correct, Iberia is a nice range also.

On to your topic, I have been to the St. Mary range several times and have never had a problem. The deputies there were always friendly and many times come and BS with us while we are shooting. Just follow the rules and she should have no problem..

She already DID have a problem! They were not friendly! They were just checking the place out; not even shooting.

After Matto's post, good thing she wasn't a "brass whore!" :D

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I went there a few times. Troy used to run it but he is now retired and has been for a few years. I think I only went twice after that and there was a African American gentlemen, over weight and IIRC my guess would be in his forty's. He was a complete dick and acted as if I didn't know which direction to point the weapon. His turf, his rules and no way for me to "win" so I kept my mouth shut and left soon after, but I really wanted to give him a piece of my mind. He REALLY pissed me off. Haven't been back since. So yeah there is / was a guy there with a SIGNIFICANT attitude problem.

He is the type of guy who gives cops the stereotype.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hmmm...that's odd, how far away was she standing from the brass bucket? :rofl:

You know; I'm going to have to ask! She might have accidentally kicked it! I've seen Brass Whores in action at the USPSA matches; someone could easily be shot for such a transgression. :mamoru:

Add to that mix an A-hole like matto and Barney describe........?!?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    A contact has reached out to me. Thanks for the responses and the comedy.

Damn! Over 600 views on this topic, eh? Seems like public range access is important to the gun community?!? Maybe next August when the NRA Banquet nears, you all can support it, and someone can get a grant to build a public range.

How about that^ for a shameless early plug?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Emp, I'd give to the NRA, but I've seen you talking about them building a range somewhere for years and haven't heard of anything actually happening. It's like government, I don't trust them to do anything meaningful with my dollars so I don't want to give them any more.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Emp, I'd give to the NRA, but I've seen you talking about them building a range somewhere for years and haven't heard of anything actually happening. It's like government, I don't trust them to do anything meaningful with my dollars so I don't want to give them any more.

We can't build it! We can only raise money and offer a grant to someone who will.

Besides, these are the kinds of cold mornings that made me get out of construction and into a warm office! :mamoru:

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    I used to go to that range quite a bit and it was fine. Then they got a guy who was a real piece of work. He was an abrasive loud-mouth and I just closed my ears and said yes sir, no sir, and eventually he would shut up. After a few times though I got tired of his act and quit going. That was prob 3 or 4 years ago.

OTOH, I've been to the New Iberia range a million times and not a bad word to say. Lots of different officers work there and they've all been 1st class.

Top Bottom