Went to Sherburne this morning .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The gravel road was terrible . A mixture of washboard and craters . I didn't shoot on the rifle range but I did use the check in station over there so I was able to see the " improvements " . :rolleyes:

On the pistol range some dickheads had been shooting skeet on the ground so there was a helluva mess there . I had the place to myself since the weather was crappy .

CATS

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Some brands of skeet will dissolve away after some time. They make great reactive targets, especially for kids or adults new to the sport. If they were the kind made with tar then they aren't going away.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    The gravel road was terrible . A mixture of washboard and craters . I didn't shoot on the rifle range but I did use the check in station over there so I was able to see the " improvements " . :rolleyes:

On the pistol range some dickheads had been shooting skeet on the ground so there was a helluva mess there . I had the place to myself since the weather was crappy .

Where is this range never heard of it

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Central (NE Baton Rouge, LA)
    East side of the Atchafalaya River (across the river from Krotz Springs); go South along the levee from Hwy 190 about 3 miles.
    Can get there from I-10 also; go North along levee about 12 miles.

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge/New Orleans, LA
    I had the same experience as you dantheman. I went the first week of January, early in the morning around sunrise, and the pistol range was trashed. The wooden target stands were blown into a million pieces, trash everywhere, and just a pathetic sight to see. It was sad to see others abuse something that we get to enjoy.

DaggerBlade

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Baton Rouge LA
    I went mid month. It was dry but the road was in poor condition. Lots of hunter traffic. The range was in decent shape. Not too many clay pigeons but many of the target stands were in blown to shreds. I can't imagine driving the 12 miles or so miles from I10. The 3 miles from 190 was bad enough. Going there tomorrow. Hopefully they have done something with the road. Lots of people going there to just make noise and feel the recoil. Not a lot of "shooters" there when I was there.

Last edited:

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    Nice day out there. A little crowded between though between about 12 - 1:30 or so. Had to sight in the Sig 516 w my new burris scope

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    I started going there for the trap range. The setup there is really nice, and I had a good time. I noticed that the trash cans there are shot to hell. The idiots who do that sort of thing should take a long walk off a short pier.

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    Yea I noticed some brain stem had shot up the can on the trap range and the low (right side) mechanics for the thrower was acting up.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I haven't been out there in a couple years. Now with the baffles I don't see me going again. I used to like going during the week when most people were at work.

Last edited:

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    I don't mind the baffles. I'm sure it would not be a good thing to have some brain stems lobbing rounds into the woods, trails or over Hwy 190 :-(

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I haven't been out there in a couple years. Now with the baffles I don't see me going again. I used to like going during the week when most people were at work.

Same here, amigo. I wrote an email to LDWF to tell them of the loss of patronage ( which equals loss of revenue, as monies are doled out based upon usage of the individual facilities) due to the baffles on the rifle range,but have received no response, and don't anticipate that they care about it anyway.

larm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    some people have no respect for anything. i never did like a litter bug, bet the old indian is still crying. but, about them baffles..i feel they are a safety hazard, when walking down range you cant look back and see if anyone is dicking around with there firearm. and i heard some weapons got jacked while the shooter was down range.

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Went out this morning and had a good time shooting the .22. There were a couple people at the rifle range but not many. I was the only one at the pistol range. I had a good time and got the 10/22 sighted in for squirrel season. It was fairly clean and the road was in good shape. I only go during the week and early in the morning to beat any crowd if there was any. Shot at the rifle range previously and don't care too much for the baffles but oh well it is what it is.

Pdeben0045

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2015
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    I dont mind the baffles, only downside is that my ar pistol sounds like a bomb (bc of the echo) when im trying to sight it in. Also its funny to watch dummies shoot them at times.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom