Taurus PT111 G2 9mm $199 from PSA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    I ordered it from Kentucky Gun Company. It was $203.89 shipped but on backorder, so I may have to wait another month or so before it comes in. At that price, you can get a hipoint. So if it's better than those, I'll be pleasantly surprised. And to be honest, I anticipate the lifetime warranty will have to be used at some point based on past experiences. Heck, I had to use warranty service on Ruger and Smith & Wesson pistols before.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    The original P290 had teething pains. The newer model hasn't had the problems in all the reviews I've read.
    At least they have good customer service and don't have the lifetime of sending it back warranty.

Last edited:

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    I just got a shipping notification for my order. So, what's the initial impression? Worth the $220 or so?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Definitely. Fit and finish look great. I will need to make a trip to the range to say how it handles. My friend that bought his from academy about 4 months back, put 200 rounds of steel case ammo through it and had zero FTF or FTE. I have no complaints as of now, thats for sure.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I got mine from PSA for $199. Took it to Bass Pro yesterday. Out of the box it functioned flawlessly on 124gr Freedommunitions ammo.
    Low and to the left, but after playing with the fully adjustable widage and elevation for a few rounds, i was blowing the center out of the target.
    250 rounds in all without a hickup. For the first 5 or 6 mags, your thumb will hate you for trying to put more than 9 rounds in, but the mags loosen up nicely after a bit.

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    The pistol finally came in. It looks and feels very good in the hand and is the perfect sized, double stacked magazine, concealed carry pistol for me. Taurus was spot on with the ergonomics on this one. The trigger reminds me of the HK LEM trigger but with a lighter pull. On top of that, the gun looks good, too. The only thing I wish was different was the manufacturer--I'd pay another 100-150 if someone else made it haha.
    Let's see how it does at the range and hope I got a good one.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    It's not too late to buy another! Still on sale for $199!:)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom