Anyone a member at this range or shot there before?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I read that, they require you to be a member for the big boy rules though. $300 a year unless you are LEO or military. They say that the range is available 24/7 though. That is a pretty cool thing. It says they are in the buffer zone, but doesn't give any specific directions. Anyone know exactly where they are at?

Nevermind on the last, found it.

Range Location:
    Flat Top Road. (1 Mile North from Texas Flat Rd)
    Stennis Space Center Buffer Zone, MS 39529
    See Map.

Last edited:

Hopalong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    Shot there once last year. 100 and 200 yard lines run parallel separated by a dirt berm. Pistol area is adjacent and to your rear. No cover and very little bench opportunity. RO present during public hours on F/S/S. Other times requires membership. $10 a visit. May have been improved since my visit. Bare bones op but they are trying. I would go again for the 200 yard. Honey Island is still my first choice.

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    OK, went and checked it out...decent place, though its a bit rough as its still a work in progress.
    There are plans for expansion...additional pistol ranges, skeet, archery, and a 500 and 1000 yard range.
    Possible plans for an urban combat training building.
    Some days there will be rentals which may include SBRs, and suppressed rifles, etc (maybe even something with the happy switch. ;-) (they had them there during our visit)
    Its definitely a refreshing change from Honey Island, not crowded. There will be optional training, or you can just go and shoot from a bench, whichever you like.
    After going and talking with the manager, I'm getting a membership soon.

Top Bottom