What do you EDC???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I was just wondering if there were a roving pack of criminals going around kidnapping people after placing them into handcuffs that I should be worried about.

Oh wait...I forgot that some of you folks think that way...this is awkward...yeah, I get it now.

JR1572

It is obvious we need sensible handcuff laws. You know, for the children.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Believe it or not, I have absolutely no problem with people having handcuffs. None whatsoever.

JR1572

My God man! Do you not know how many kids die each year from being handcuffed and then trying to swim? We need new sensible laws to protect the children!

:eek3:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    My God man! Do you not know how many kids die each year from being handcuffed and then trying to swim? We need new sensible laws to protect the children!

:eek3:

Wu-Tang is for the children.

And I also prescribe to their mind set by making sure I protect my neck.

JR1572

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Plain and simple, you should know what your EDC should be just by habit of what you carry. I don't plan on getting myself put in handcuffs, so I don't need a handcuff key. I never use chapstick, so why would I carry it? Also, I work in the city, so there is food everywhere. The only "food" in my bag is some chewy granola bars and hot chocolate; No need for MRE's.

Knowledge and training is more important than the doodads in your pockets. Having a plan is something very important.
    Whether my plan consists of going make more coffee or taking a poop, is something I should plan my EDC around. #firstworldproblems

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Plain and simple, you should know what your EDC should be just by habit of what you carry. I don't plan on getting myself put in handcuffs, so I don't need a handcuff key. I never use chapstick, so why would I carry it? Also, I work in the city, so there is food everywhere. The only "food" in my bag is some chewy granola bars and hot chocolate; No need for MRE's.

Knowledge and training is more important than the doodads in your pockets. Having a plan is something very important.
    Whether my plan consists of going make more coffee or taking a poop, is something I should plan my EDC around. #firstworldproblems

See folks, it's not elitism or some "us against them"nonsense. This guy gets it.

Good job Dave_M.

JR1572

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Can't think of a reason for a civilian to carry a handcuff key.

I have been cuffed and arrested, I don't see any way where having a key would have ended well for me. But, don't know why someone else carries them.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

Well good googley moogley. Apparently it ain't as hard as I thought. Dave, beware. They will group u on with "us" if you continue to make sense.

Why do we always have to go through such a **** show to get to logic around here? We're getting you to solve your own dilemmas and think. Just cause it's sometimes crude does not mean it is not effective.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    See folks, it's not elitism or some "us against them"nonsense. This guy gets it.

Good job Dave_M.

JR1572

Well good googley moogley. Apparently it ain't as hard as I thought. Dave, beware. They will group u on with "us" if you continue to make sense.

Why do we always have to go through such a **** show to get to logic around here? We're getting you to solve your own dilemmas and think. Just cause it's sometimes crude does not mean it is not effective.

:hi5: I don't get why people "can't get it," when there is nothing to actually get. My buddy is a gun/knife enthusiast and his EDC consists of keys, a 2" blade Benchmade, wallet, phone, and a pocket gun. I've never seen him carry more than that and he's doing just fine.

Oh, and if you guys find pants that fit MRE's, let me know, I need a good laugh :rofl:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Gotcha well here is an idea if it's a personal question wouldn't it be better handled going into pm since maybe he doesn't want to openly talk about it instead of taking one thing out of someone's post and making the thread only about it?

I get it officers have this complex of brotherhood us against them and that's great and I don't knock it ya'll are supposed to be like brothers but step back and look at the posts even the responses that have nothing to do with what you or anyone else may edc it is just elitism. I don't carry a handcuff key and is it odd that someone else does? Maybe depending on who you are and what you do but why go so far off topic instead of just taking it to pm?

Been a while since someone use the "us vs them" argument. It was a simple question that he danced around. On an internet forum. Who are you to judge who gets to say what? Your attitude displayed by talking down on people is making you have the elitist attitude by posting that bull crap. Like your opinion means more than anyone elses. Yea, you deleted it or whatever, but you still typed it out.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Been a while since someone use the "us vs them" argument. It was a simple question that he danced around. On an internet forum. Who are you to judge who gets to say what? Your attitude displayed by talking down on people is making you have the elitist attitude by posting that bull crap. Like your opinion means more than anyone elses. Yea, you deleted it or whatever, but you still typed it out.

Because it's not worth getting into it. That's why I deleted it instead of feeding the flames by posting it as you have. I would hardly call that elitist but make of it what you will. I assure you this is my last post on the matter so no need to go dig it up.. I made the choice not to take it any further simply because it isn't worth going back and forth on a op it has nothing to do with.

You or anyone else are free to pm me though.

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    This is the norm around here now. This one isn't as bad as others, but it is to be expected.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    This is the handiest thing I carry every day (which is not many things I guess), fits on my keyring, rechargeable in about 15 min. in a USB, runs longer than I know. I use it for looking in dark cabinates to find the pan I need, resetting my wireless router under my desk, great at work when my regular light runs out of charge, looking under my car seat, reading directions in the car at night, you name it!

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ust-...LKx0K49Z5XZHBkGEms-IaFP085i6j0i2TGRoCZZHw_wcB

I could easily change a tire at night in the country with it, I've used it as my only light source on a 2 day camping trip. If you are careful about how long you leave it on, it will last a LOOOOOONG time.

I've had it over 6 months, still works great. Best $6.65 you can spend in my opinion.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    SicilianSecrets , my friend . You don't owe anybody an explanation of what you do . Anything you say at this point will only drag you closer to being dogpiled . Leave them hanging and enjoy knowing you won . See you around . :D

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    In my line of work I need a handcuff key...

I may or may not be a commissioned leo....

Reasonable deduction is that SHE is a high dollar call girl.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Super Glue .. great for cuts, misc. repairs, etc. Used during Vietnam by surgeons to repair livers, etc. in MASH units. Well worth the carry.

I'm sure this has been touched upon before, but I just purchased a Maxpedition E.D.C. Pocket Organizer (Khaki) and am thinking of things to throw in it. I will carry this with me everywhere I go.

So far, I have a knife, lighter, aleve/benadryl, pen led flashlight, handcuff key, band-aids, some cash, red chemical glow stick, nuun energy effervescents, alcohol wipes, credit card, chap-stick, and dental floss. Any other ideas? What do you guys carry?

Top Bottom