Gonzales gunshow Jan 24/25 - Cowboy stuff? AK's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Manouche

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    ascension parish
    I haven't been in a while but last few times i went there were about 5 or 6 dealers with multiple table spreads. About the same amount of private sellers, maybe more. Two ammo dealers with multiple table spreads. One knife guy, one taser guy, one jerky guy, one accessories guy, one reloaded ammo guy. Thats all i can remember. Tons of stuff to look thru. I stopped going b/c the crowds are ridiculous.

Trueno

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Tejas - home of SRV!
    I'm in Beaumont, made the trek up 165 to Alex at 35mph, never again. Show was very small, FFLs in the middle of the room ringed by a few private sellers.
    Lafayette was cool, larger and seemed to be more private sellers, more gear too.
    Lake Charles is small but just about everything under the sun...maybe only one of each thing under the sun but hey.
    Sulphur might have 100 tables between 30-40 vendors but a decent variety.

How many tables would you say Gonzales has?

t

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I have a jersey to wear to next gun show, gonna bring my go pro with me see what people say. Will walk around with couple of my own guns to see if heads actually explode.
    1958326_918869598126267_7986282775006879304_n.jpg

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Are there armor plate pockets in there any where?
    I have a jersey to wear to next gun show, gonna bring my go pro with me see what people say. Will walk around with couple of my own guns to see if heads actually explode.
    1958326_918869598126267_7986282775006879304_n.jpg

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    How many tables at this show? What percentage of the tables are new gun dealers vs private sellers vs jerky vs airsoft?

t
    Went this morning with my boys. Show sucked. Last couple I been to has been bad. Over priced guns and price gouging on ammo. Same dealers nobody new. Even the private sellers are getting over priced. It's not the same gun shows of the past. It's more of a showroom for you to test and handle a gun you may want to buy. There is one guy in there that's always at several different shows and he has very good deals and will drop price or make you better deals on his stuff. He has all the magpul stuff and mags. All ar and pistol parts bins. Bought several things from him and got a great deal. Just an example, bought 6 pmags for my sons ars. He wanted 17 for the gen3 mags got them for 10 a piece. He is the only guy I will buy from every time I see him because he is the only vendor that will still deal with you and not just blow you off on haggling.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Gun shows are more fun if you go as a people watching excursion and not firearm or ammo shopping

The people of Wal Mart, want to be gang bangers, more small children than a day care center and other non gun/accessories buyers/sellers make up most of the crowd.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Went this morning with my boys. Show sucked. Last couple I been to has been bad. Over priced guns and price gouging on ammo. Same dealers nobody new. Even the private sellers are getting over priced. It's not the same gun shows of the past. It's more of a showroom for you to test and handle a gun you may want to buy. There is one guy in there that's always at several different shows and he has very good deals and will drop price or make you better deals on his stuff. He has all the magpul stuff and mags. All ar and pistol parts bins. Bought several things from him and got a great deal. Just an example, bought 6 pmags for my sons ars. He wanted 17 for the gen3 mags got them for 10 a piece. He is the only guy I will buy from every time I see him because he is the only vendor that will still deal with you and not just blow you off on haggling.

I know for a fact if you buy from David @ Southland Police Supply who is at every gun show his prices are very good the only other person I have seen match his prices are Houma Auto Parts, and he does suppressors, everything, etc...

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Speaking of Gun Shows I still have patients who when you mention a gun show bring up the dreaded "Gun Show Loophole". They believe anyone can go to a gun show and buy a gun with no background check. I explain to them this is false. A dealer cannot legally sell a firearm without a FBI NICS check. To do so is illegal. If someone tells them otherwise they misinformed or lying. Period. (I know there is a CCP loophole but try not to confuse the issue even more)

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Speaking of Gun Shows I still have patients who when you mention a gun show bring up the dreaded "Gun Show Loophole". They believe anyone can go to a gun show and buy a gun with no background check. I explain to them this is false. A dealer cannot legally sell a firearm without a FBI NICS check. To do so is illegal. If someone tells them otherwise they misinformed or lying. Period. (I know there is a CCP loophole but try not to confuse the issue even more)
    did the CCP law pass? I had forgotten about that..

Top Bottom