Honey Island Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Correct but aren't the costs way more for out of staters?

Regards,
    Todd
    Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Nowhere on the Non-Resident list lists a Wild Louisiana Stamp, only on the Resident list. I've taken many friends, from MS, to Honey Island and we always bought a 1 day Wild Louisiana Stamp. Go to the WMA and fill out the card that we are bird watching lol.

I looked it up and noticed the same thing; the Wild Louisiana Stamp is only listed on the resident license list. So I called Wildlife and Fisheries this morning and asked them about it. First call was to the main office in Baton Rouge (225-765-2989) and they told me they would have someone call me back. Just got off the phone with them and was told that the Wild Louisiana Stamp is good for non-residents to gain access to any WMA in Louisiana. The price for the stamp, either the one day or the one year, is the same for residents and non-residents.
    While I was waiting for a call back from Baton Rouge, I also called the New Orleans office (504-284-2023) and was told the same thing.
    I suppose if you are a non-resident and plan to visit more than 5 times, the one year stamp would be a better value.

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Cool, good info Nawlins born and raised moved north after the big one in 05, I can get that stamp at wallyworld I would assume in slidell?

Regards,
    Todd

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Lol

Regards,
    Todd

What?

Cool, good info Nawlins born and raised moved north after the big one in 05, I can get that stamp at wallyworld I would assume in slidell?

Regards,
    Todd

Yes. If they give you trouble, just go to Academy or Gus' tackle shop, if you're on the other side of town.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown

Regards,
    Todd

Anywhere that sells licenses. I went to the Walmart in Slidell near Lowe's and the girl didn't know what I was talking about. Insisted that there was no such stamp and that there was only a hunting or fishing license. She kept arguing with me before she even logged into the computer that issues the licenses. She was surprised to see it once she was in the system.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    the wife has duty on Sunday morning so I will be out there after so we can get some bad needed training in.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've had too many good experiences at HI, to not give it a second chance.

I'm going to be out there this weekend, early, and give it another go. This time, I'll be sure to get a photo or two if another RO tries to play cobra commando.

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    I've had too many good experiences at HI, to not give it a second chance.

I'm going to be out there this weekend, early, and give it another go. This time, I'll be sure to get a photo or two if another RO tries to play cobra commando.

So how was that visit?

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    I am a Range Officer at Honey Island Shooting Range.

Nolaradio answered a lot of the questions about access to the Honey Island WMA and the Range but I'll add a little more.

The range is owned by the state as it is a part of the WMA. SELFS Inc, (Southeast Louisiana Firearms Safety, Inc) is the non-profit group that runs the range for the state. Honey Island is the ONLY range in the state that is run by an outside organization.

To enter the WMA and the Range you MUST have some sort of LOUISIANA hunting, fishing license or Wild Stamp. As mentioned earlier, this is not the Range Officer's responsibility to check. It is your responsibility to adhere to all of the WMA's rules and regulations in order to be on the property.

You no longer have to fill out the Self-Clearing Permit when entering and leaving the WMA ONLY IF YOU GOING TO AND LEAVING DIRECTLY FROM THE RANGE. When you get to the range you will be issued a small ticket that you date and initial. This acts as your "permit" to be on the WMA while at the Range ONLY! If you are going to or from the range and decide to make a detour to another area of the WMA and a Wildlife agent stops you and you don't have a self clearing permit, you will be ticketed.

If anyone has any other questions about the Range I'll b glad to answer any that I can.

Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom