Strange request

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    Ok so, I've got a strange request. I did my CCW class about a year ago, and had everything notorized, ready to rock and be sent off. Went to Alaska for work and completely forgot to mail it off. I can't say exactly how much I spent all in all, but the paper work is completely lost, I've had no such luck in finding it. What would be my best course of action from this point forward? Also if I end up locating the packet I need to mail off would it still be valid?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    The notarization is expired.
    Not sure if fingerprints are time sensitive.

It's possible to contact your instructor for another copy if one of you have records.

Or start over from scratch as a last resort.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The Notarized paperwork is only good for 60 days but your Certificate from the class is good for 1 year.
    Start with new Notarized paperwork.

SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    Well looks like I need to go start over then. Any recommendations for a fair priced course? I ended up spending over 300 last time between ammo, notary and class fees.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Don't feel bad. I did the same thing with my first course. Work tied me up for a while and it sliped my mind. I saw it as an opportunity to see the different teaching styles of different instructors!

SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    Any takers want to help me out. I passed my course with flying colors, the SGT even asked me if I was looking for an LEO career afterword. Very nice man, wonderful insightful strenuous course. But I don't have the money budegeted currently to take another super hardcore regimented CCW course. Or is that pretty much standard?

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Any takers want to help me out. I passed my course with flying colors, the SGT even asked me if I was looking for an LEO career afterword. Very nice man, wonderful insightful strenuous course. But I don't have the money budegeted currently to take another super hardcore regimented CCW course. Or is that pretty much standard?

Class I took was around $100 or $150, used 50 rounds of ammo. Just NRA handgun class is my understanding. You might search for a NRA class in your area that meets the requirement. For notary stuff, I asked my bank, and they did it for free, saved me a couple of bucks.

SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    Not so much interested in a specialized training course, more or less, want a reasonable pricesd cc class. Not tooting horn here, but I don't want any special training or anything.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Course certificate is indeed good for 12 months now. If my students go a little over, I will give them a free abbreviated refresher course stressing any changes in law since they took the original course. Notary work usually free at your bank or insurance agency. Photo and prints +/-$20. If you do need a fresh course, they seem to range between $100-150. (36 rounds of ammo for my course - I've heard that some require more.) Good luck.

Top Bottom