small freaking phone charger cable thingy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I suppose this is the right place to post this. It's not really a hot deal, but I thought it fit better here since it would be a good item to carry in your bug out bag. I came across this code to use for 15% off too. I don't know if it's a one time use code or not but I didn't use it to order a charger. I have too many cables and don't think I need another one.

http://www.hellonomad.com/products/nomadkey
    Promo code: NMDF-84B3E844

Enjoy.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    It's a great idea, but I have a couple of issues with it. First, the cellphone must be in a particular orientation when attached to a fixed USB port. It looks fine on the laptop where the phone is supported, but what about a desktop tower with a horizontal USB port, or usb outlet on a wall? You may have to hold it in place while it charges. I wouldn't put the weight of a cellphone on a USB port or expect the port on the phone to hold the weight of the device either. Second, it would need to have covers over both connectors. It may, but the pictures don't show one.

NomadChuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    California
    It's a great idea, but I have a couple of issues with it. First, the cellphone must be in a particular orientation when attached to a fixed USB port. It looks fine on the laptop where the phone is supported, but what about a desktop tower with a horizontal USB port, or usb outlet on a wall? You may have to hold it in place while it charges. I wouldn't put the weight of a cellphone on a USB port or expect the port on the phone to hold the weight of the device either. Second, it would need to have covers over both connectors. It may, but the pictures don't show one.

Hey Fellas, new to the site, but saw we were mentioned here. Thanks for sharing the discount code Nolaradio.

To answer your question El Rubio, I frequently hang my iphone 6 off the nomad key in the wall, or in my truck when plugged into the cigaret lighter > USB converter and haven't had a problem yet. Also, the cable is flexible so the phone hangs straight down so you don't put undue lateral stress on the Lightning port.

We had the same concern you just expressed while designing these and wanted to make sure it would work in all orientations.

@moderators, sorry for jumping in, and if my comments are too spammy please feel free to delete my post, just wanted to help out with some answers.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I just bought 2 dozen lightning cables for my sales reps, I wonder if this is something more practical. Wish I had seen it before I purchased. At the rate they keep destroying/losing cables, I might buy one anyway just to try it.

and the title of this thread is just golden. nicely done.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom