will supplements help me?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Sure man I will share anything I have learned on this journey.
    I will say some of the stuff I did is completely unorthodox and not popular but I found it worked best for ME. And trying new things you will find the same.

I ran a mile before every workout. I did not lift heavy after and I did 15 reps for 3 sets. Also lets say it was a chest and Tri day. I would run my mile. Then workout chest. Hop back on the treadmill but incline max @ 2.3-3 mph to get my HR back up to 146~
    Then I would do Tri. Then back on the treadmill to get my HR back up and then do core. This helped me burn fat quickly in my opinion and the opinion of several other people I have talked too.
    Also, I did so much core I felt like it would spasm when I walked for about an hour after lol. BUT it paid off. I'm just now starting to lift moderate weight. And the guys I am lifting with are doing the same weight as their "heavy" with 8 reps. I'm still cranking out 12 for 3 sets.
    I leaned out first and built stramina. Now that I am lifting decent weight I have the best of both worlds that I find.
    A lot of people made comments about blowing away I had gotten "small". I was down to about 170lbs. I'm back up to the 185-190 range now and my goal is to be a nice lean and solid frame 210lbs. I've been big my whole life. I would like to stay in a medium and 32 for a while lol.

The BCAA will help fatigue and also keep the cardio from killing all your muscle, do not be afraid to eat protein and good carbs. Good carbs will help keep glycogen in your muscles. Keep what muscle you have healthy and slow cardio will help from burning it as well. You won't see big gains in size until you cut out the running and HIT (high intensity lifting)

And thanks guys for the kind words. Appreciate it. Just wanted to help Neil get what he wants and help anyway I can.

And haha. Alright man. No more batman.....
    Guess it's a good thing I wear Capt. America and Thor way more lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I will say some of the stuff I did is completely unorthodox and not popular but I found it worked best for ME. And trying new things you will find the same.

I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have found in my journey that that is one of the most important parts of any of this...you have to find what works for you and not everybody else. I have learned through reading, listening to others who know and experimentation what works for me. Everybody is different and what works for me may not work as well for someone else.

Also, thanks for the "tip" about cardio between sets for different body parts. That's something I've never thought of. I always warm-up preworkout with about 10 minutes of cardio then finish the workout with 25-30 minutes of cardio. During workout I minimize rest time between sets (no more than 30-45 seconds) to help keep my heart rate up. Think I'm going to try incorporating some cardio between body part sets and see how that works for me.

I'm no where near where I want to be, but I'm getting there.

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge/New Orleans, LA
    I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have found in my journey that that is one of the most important parts of any of this...you have to find what works for you and not everybody else. I have learned through reading, listening to others who know and experimentation what works for me. Everybody is different and what works for me may not work as well for someone else.

Also, thanks for the "tip" about cardio between sets for different body parts. That's something I've never thought of. I always warm-up preworkout with about 10 minutes of cardio then finish the workout with 25-30 minutes of cardio. During workout I minimize rest time between sets (no more than 30-45 seconds) to help keep my heart rate up. Think I'm going to try incorporating some cardio between body part sets and see how that works for me.

I'm no where near where I want to be, but I'm getting there.

True. You have to figure it out. Whenever I get bored or feel like my body is to used to my routines, I do something crazy. Like go for a 6-7 mile run, and every mile just go all out with push ups, situps, and pullups on anything I can hang from. Or go to the gym and do compound moves like squat presses, clean and jerks, deadlifts with a jerk, then a press, then a row. I never go super heavy though. I can lift heavy, but prefer not to because I like my back and joints solid years from now.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Update: I've lost 7lbs since I've started. I can run much longer than when I started, I start off with running a mile, then running between.25-.50 mile every couple sets to keep the heart rate up. Still no sodas, eating much healthier for the most part. Very happy with my results so far. Thanks everyone

graniteJK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    nutrition and eating clean are a big part of it. I would def take a solid multi-vitamin, CLA or Fish oil will help you to stay full and keep your metabolism up. Think priming your system to keep your fat burning ability up high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom